Senior Motion Designer
This was removed by the employer on 10/25/2023 1:04:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Senior Motion Designer jobs in Atlanta-GA
Search all Senior Motion Designer postings
Full Time Job
Senior Motion Designer (Temporary)
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
Your New Role….
As a Senior Motion Designer (Temporary) within the CNN Design group, your primary focus will be to create innovative, effective and arresting design in all aspects of television and studio production for CNN programs, specials and documentaries.
At this level you are a world-class motion designer with strong professional experience. You have a passion for upholding the integrity of CNN's standards. You'll make valuable contributions to the creative motion direction on key projects. You are a motion generalist, with a toolbox that includes 2D and 3D. You are comfortable designing for television and are familiar with all aspects of the design and production process.
You Role Accountabilities…
• The Senior Motion Designer (Temporary) will work collaboratively with the creative team and editorial partners to develop concepts and motion graphics for show opens, transitions, explainer graphics and scenic studio graphics.
• You will be working fluidly between 2D and 3D animation styles.
• You will have the exciting opportunity to design and develop looks and packages for news programs, special events and documentaries.
• You will work with creative directors, producers and editors to create and deliver animated graphics.
• You will bring your vibrant creative mindset and detailed eye for animation, typography, timing and movement, and will be expected to deliver creative excellence to match the thrill and energy of a newsroom environment.
• You are expected to stay abreast of industry trends, new practices and design/production tools.
• This individual must be an experienced problem solver with the ability to understand editorial storytelling and to translate conceptual ideas into creative solutions.
• It is also important for this person to be comfortable articulating their design concepts to other team members and clients and be comfortable in a highly collaborative, deadline-driven work environment.
• The ideal candidate will have a passion for design, news and entertainment with excellent attention to detail and organization skills.
• BA/BS or BFA/MFA degree in motion design, animation, graphic design, or relevant experience.
• At least 5 years professional experience producing high-end creative work for television
• Expert at Adobe Creative Suite including After Effects, Photoshop, and Illustrator,
• Expert knowledge of Maxon Cinema 4D + Redshift (or other accelerated renderers) for motion design is preferred.
• Expert knowledge of Plugins such as RedGiant, Boris FX, Sapphire, AE Expression, C4D Expresso, X-Particles, etc.
• Well-rounded and strong conceptual designer - who is also very proficient with motion design, typography, color theory, illustration, photography, and layout.
• Design experience working with a fast-changing deliverables and delivery times and manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Flexible schedule required
• Ability to clearly articulate design rationale and present design work.
• A good understanding of compositing techniques
• The successful candidate will also be self-motivated, possess a positive attitude, and have strong interpersonal skills and will actively contribute to a creative, inclusive workplace.
• Strong design/production portfolio required
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.