Senior Editor, Lifestyle, Underscored
CNNNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Location: New York, New York, United States of America
Your New Role…
Manage the Beauty, Fash ion, Home and Gift Guide space for CNN Underscored, CNN's reviews and recommendations section.
• Build, manage and execute the Lifestyle calendar for CNN Underscored.
• Manage Style, Beauty, Gift Guide and Home editors.
• Deliver engaging, helpful and informative copy on deadline.
• Build a reliable stable of experts we can source in our Lifestyle coverage.
• Brainstorm story and series ideas on a weekly basis.
• Communicate with our SEO team to ensure stories comply with SEO guidance.
• Work closely with the Product Testing team to help with reviews of Lifestyle category products and services.
• Experiment regularly to find new approaches that resonate with and grow our audience.
Your Role Accountabilities…
• Familiar with the latest digital commerce trends.
• Strong grasp of the Underscored audience and voice .
• Receives work in the form of short-term assignments that regularly require supervisory review.
• Operates within the context of defined procedures.
• College degree
• Must have 7+ years' experience editing Lifestyle content (fashion, beauty, home) for a major publisher, ideally product reviews and recommendations (a roster of PR contacts is a plus)
• Flawless grammar & spelling
• Must be proficient in MS Office Suite
• Must have strong writing skills and be an innovative thinker
• Must be detail-oriented, organized and have strong communication skills
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. Actual salaries will vary based on several factors, including but not limited to external market data, internal equity, location, skill set, experience, and/or performance. Base pay is just one component of Warner Bros. Discovery's total compensation package for employees. Pay Range: $85,050.00 - $157,950.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and sick time and vacation.
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate and you require adjustments or accommodations to search for a job opening or apply for a position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
$85,050.00 - 157,950.00 per year