Senior Editor, Companies - CNN Business
CNNNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 6/6/2023 1:05:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Senior Editor, Companies - CNN Business jobs in New York-NY
Search all Senior Editor, Companies - CNN Business postings
Full Time Job
Location: New York, New York, United States of America
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
Your New Role…
The Senior Companies Editor is a best-in-class team leader, setting CNN's editorial agenda for technology, transportation and consumer companies coverage, overseeing a team of editors and writers. This is a role for a seasoned editor who has a nose for tech, transportation and consumer brands news and a knack for coordinating coverage across a broad network. The ideal candidate thrives on the breakneck pace of deadline journalism, has top-notch news judgment and must love business news -- with a particular enthusiasm for contextualizing complex corporate news topics for a broad consumer audience. This person is a strong collaborator who can help shape CNN Digital's business reporting and work across teams to oversee daily coverage.
Your Role Accountabilities…
• Assign breaking news stories and shape CNN's coverage of Corporate America and multinational companies with a particular emphasis on technology, consumer and transportation brands, leaders and products.
• Manage a team of editors and writers responsible for shaping and sharpening CNN's companies coverage.
• Edit breaking news and features from writers on the Business team as well as other writers, producers, reporters and correspondents across CNN.
• Edit work that is published and shared across CNN's mobile and desktop sites, apps, social accounts and other platforms.
• Shape story ideas and angles around complex topics and frame stories that explain complicated financial information for a general news audience.
• Serve as a second set of eyes on alerts or on key pieces that need a good comb-through and/or creative punch.
• Serve as a partner to writers and editors in identifying distinctive angles on top stories, and in helping to make good stories great.
• CNN editors must be excellent communicators and diplomats. They are excellent providers of feedback who help elevate CNN's storytelling across a wide range of digital platforms.
• A critical component of the job will be assisting with the live stories that are an essential part of our breaking news coverage.
• Be skeptical, but not cynical – be genuinely excited by the changes and disruptions to the US economy and beyond, but also ready to take a critical look at why those changes are taking place.
• And last but never least: Editors are often the final step before a story goes to CNN's programming team to get distributed to millions of people worldwide; all editors work intently to make sure our stories are accurate and fair so that we continue to grow the trust between CNN and our audiences.
• 7+ years of digital experience
• College degree or equivalent industry experience
• Strong knowledge of or passion for business and financial news
• Excellent people management skills
• Demonstrates exceptional leadership qualities
• Strong editorial judgement
• Strong communication, team collaboration skills
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. $113,890.00 - $211,510.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.