Senior Editor, CNN Newsource Digital
This was removed by the employer on 2/2/2023 1:05:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Senior Editor, CNN Newsource Digital jobs in Atlanta-GA
Search all Senior Editor, CNN Newsource Digital postings
Full Time Job
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
Your New Role...
The Senior Editor, CNN Newsource Digital is the manager of day-to-day operations for the Newsource Digital team. This person will oversee the curation and timely delivery of all digital products, i.e. wires, images, visual media and video affiliate network content (VAN) to Newsource affiliates. They will supervise the publishing of the "Around The Nation" section of the U.S. page on CNN.com and newsgathering from our digital affiliate partners to populate the regional category of the CNN Wires.
Collaborating with various CNN Digital and newsgathering teams worldwide is an essential element of this role. This person will provide real-time editorial guidance and allocation of resources and staffing. They will work closely with the Rights and Clearances, Legal and editorial (The Row) teams to ensure content has been properly vetted and cleared for editorial usage and distribution without issue. Helping manage affiliate relations is a critical part of this role. This includes addressing affiliate inquiries and issues in a timely manner, working with the Newsource Sales team to ensure contractual obligations are met and contributing to the growth of the business.
Your Role Accountabilities...
• Plan and direct daily coverage of news events and breaking news.
• Engage in consistent, real time collaboration with digital, editorial and newsgathering teams to ensure curation, creation and timely delivery of unique and relevant digital content.
• Execute the daily editorial programming strategy.
• Ensure proper promotion of products and engagement with digital clients via email communications, the Newsource portal, social media and the use of metrics.
• Oversee newsgathering of regional content and identify stories that may be of interest to other CNN platforms.
• Supervise staff training on new technology and workflow changes.
• Collaborate with the Operations team to avert and/or troubleshoot and quickly resolve technology issues.
• Exemplify first class customer service to our affiliate partners.
• Work closely with the Senior Director, Newsource Sales and other stakeholders to identify business growth opportunities.
• Handle staff schedules and oversee the daily workflow of the Newsource Digital team.
• Offer real-time leadership, coaching and support of staff.
• This position has direct reports and will handle performance feedback.
• 3+ years in people management
• Four-year college degree in journalism, communication or like field of study or equivalent experience (preferred)
• Strong news judgment at global, national, regional and local level
• Experience working in a CMS and with digital elements: text, photos, visual media, video, metrics and analytics
• Ability to collaborate across teams and build relationships in a complex organization
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience at a local station or in the affiliate service business
• Ability to lead, with a deep commitment and proven track record of developing an equitable and inclusive team culture
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.