Senior Director, Strategy & Development, CNN
CNNNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Location: New York, New York, United States of America
WarnerMedia is a powerful portfolio of iconic entertainment, news, and sports brands. We bring people, technology, and the world's best storytellers together to drive culture and meaningful connection. We believe the enduring power of stories can open our eyes to the world, to each other, and to new and different perspectives.
CNN invented cable news in 1980, defined online news in 1995 and is now taking the next step in expanding what news can be by launching CNN+. With an unrivaled global reach, storytelling, and world class talent, we are building CNN+, a streaming product that will grow the reach and scope of the CNN brand in a way that no one else is doing.
We are journalists, designers and technologists, all united by a powerful mission to inform, engage and empower the world. Join the most trusted and recognized name in news as we build our next chapter.
Join us. Shape your story here.
CNN is looking for a Senior Director to join its Direct-to-Consumer Strategy and Operations team. This team drives the growth of CNN's Direct-to-Consumer business through the development and implementation of transformative strategies, with a focus on CNN+. The Senior Director, Strategy and Development will lead the development of direct-to-consumer strategy. They will be a big-picture problem solver and strategic leader across many initiatives, including evaluating M&A opportunities, new business opportunities and expansions of existing businesses, partnership, and distribution models, and developing new functions and capabilities.
• Define and lead cross-functional strategic projects, including driving strategy and development for the launch, growth, and operations of CNN+ across the globe
• Identify and evaluate opportunities for CNN+ to grow subscribers, increase engagement and differentiate the CNN+ experience
• Evaluate the strategic and financial impact of initiatives and assess the feasibility of implementation
• Collaborate with leadership on decision-making, setting KPIs and revenue objectives, and prioritizing initiatives and resource allocation
• Support the development of financial models and analyses
• Build and lead a team that has a deep understanding of the competitive landscape, analyzes opportunities, and makes actionable, data-driven recommendations about what we need to do to drive audience, revenue, and profit
The ideal candidate will be intellectually curious, strategically minded yet also operationally oriented, and highly collaborative.
• 8+ years of experience
• Specific expertise in developing strategic alternatives with cross functional implications and financial impact
• Management consulting experience, or strategy / business planning experience preferred but not required
• Creative problem solver that can proactively identify problems, pull together data and people to identify causes and develop solutions.
• Ability to facilitate and communicate cross-functionally to ensure consistent development and execution of strategies, including strong presentation skills
• High level of emotional intelligence, with the ability to create the right solutions and approaches for each situation
• Passion for bringing out the best in those around you and facilitating the success of others.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.