Senior Director, Communications
This was removed by the employer on 2/14/2023 11:05:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Senior Director, Communications jobs in Washington-DC
Search all Senior Director, Communications postings
Full Time Job
Location: Washington, District of Columbia, United States of America
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
Warner Bros. Discovery, a premier global media and entertainment company, offers audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, streaming and gaming. The new company combines WarnerMedia's premium entertainment, sports and news assets with Discovery's leading non-fiction and international entertainment and sports businesses.
CNN is a world leader in news and information, and seeks to inform, engage, and empower the world. Staffed 24 hours, seven days a week by a dedicated team in CNN bureaus around the world, CNN delivers news from journalists in every corner of the globe. CNN Digital has held the #1 ranking for U.S. unique visitors for five consecutive years, with more unique visitors coming to CNN than any other news platform for 60 consecutive months.
Title: Senior Director, Communications
Location: Washington, D.C
Warner Bros. Discovery seeks a Senior Director for the CNN Communications team.
Reporting to the VP of Communications, this role will lead Communications and Public Relations for all CNN programming based out of Washington, DC.
This fast-paced communications expert will work collaboratively within the CNN Worldwide communications teams to lead the strategic publicity efforts around DC-based programming. The role requires strategic thinking, high organizational talents and strong public relations skills. The position provides an opportunity to work with the best journalists in the business and play an integral role in the future of CNN.
Your Role Accountabilities...
• Develop and execute multi-layered PR plans that promote DC-based anchors and build affinity for them, all laddering up to CNN's brand story
• Aggressively promote show content, major anchor interviews and elements of shows including Inside Politics, The Lead and The Situation Room
• Manage communications, press relations and press credentialing around CNN's political special events programming, including debates and town halls
• Anticipate, advise and engage in crisis and strategic response related to work out of Washington, D.C.
• Consult on earned media opportunities and brand-level features
• Manage complex and unexpected communications challenges with professionalism
• Oversee management and talent development of the team
• Work with VP of Public Relations on talking points, prepare documents and prep sessions for executives
• Develop and consult on department functions and processes
• The ideal candidate will have at least 5-8 years of Corporate Communications experience with a familiarity of newsroom and broadcast journalism
• Strategic, hands-on, consultative, and collaborative approach
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and provide attention to detail
• Strong, polished interpersonal skills and ability to work with talent and executives in a fast-paced environment
• Strong interest in and understanding of news and politics with excellent judgement
• Existing relationships with press covering media, news or politics preferred
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
• Four year college degree required
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.