Senior Data & Graphics Editor
This was removed by the employer on 12/7/2023 10:39:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Search for Senior Data & Graphics Editor jobs in London-UK
Search all Senior Data & Graphics Editor postings
Full Time Job
Location: London, United Kingdom
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
Your New Role…
CNN Digital's data and graphics team is growing and we're looking for a Senior Data & Graphics Editor to help us do essential, creative, and groundbreaking journalism, with an emphasis on mapping. You will be part of the global data and graphics team and partner closely with teammates and our other news desks to contextualise the news and cover stories about the most important issues of our time. You will help us find, report on, analyse and visualise data across beats, including breaking news and the intersections of policy, business, climate, health, inequity and more.
Applicants for this position should have experience reporting, working with data visualisation and telling stories creatively, whether that's through dataviz, interactive features, webGL, or something else entirely. This is a position where you will be expected to pitch and develop your own stories as well as collaborate with others to create high impact visual and data-driven journalism.
This is a fixed term contract with a one year duration.
Your Role Accountabilities…
• Pitch, report and edit visual and data-driven stories
• Help set the priorities of the day with other senior visuals leaders
• Create and edit graphics and visuals, with an emphasis on mapping
• Assign and edit charts or other visual storytelling formats for breaking news stories and medium to long-term features
• Plan proactively and identify strong data and graphics opportunities for the data and graphics stories and stories across other desks
• Review data, analyses, stories, visualizations and graphics to ensure they uphold rigorous standards
• Collaborate closely with data and graphics teammates to document your work, open source data when relevant, and participate in skill sharing
• A desire to push storytelling forward and the ability to think creatively about how we use graphics and data in the service of journalism. You put the journalism first, have impeccable news judgment, and are always asking ''what's the best way to tell this story?''
• You are a fantastic communicator and feel as comfortable walking through a story pitch with editors as you do working closely with colleagues to create and shape a graphics project
• A reader-first perspective and strong commitment to multiplatform storytelling
• You're comfortable working collaboratively, individually and with cross-functional teams
• Familiarity with the command line and Git
• Experience with modern mapping tools (Arc, QGIS, MapBox, Maps4News, etc.)
• Proven newsroom experience or comparable data/visualisation experience
• If you don't have every one of these skills, that's OK. We want to hear from candidates who are passionate about this work and could bring their unique vision and experiences to the role.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, disability or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.