Senior Content Analyst
Full Time Job
Senior Content Analyst (CNN )
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States of America
WarnerMedia is a powerful portfolio of iconic entertainment, news, and sports brands. We bring people, technology, and the world's best storytellers together to drive culture and meaningful connection. We believe the enduring power of stories can open our eyes to the world, to each other, and to new and different perspectives.
CNN invented cable news in 1980, defined online news in 1995 and is now taking the next step in expanding what news can be by launching CNN+. With an unrivaled global reach, storytelling, and world class talent, we are building CNN+, a streaming product that will grow the reach and scope of the CNN brand in a way that no one else is doing.
We are journalists, designers and technologists, all united by a powerful mission to inform, engage and empower the world. Join the most trusted and recognized name in news as we build our next chapter.
Join us. Shape your story here.
We are seeking a Sr Content Analyst to join our Data Product and Insights team. This individual will execute a range of content analyses & reporting, building the insights that will be leveraged by a range of cross-functional teams to strategically grow CNN's digital presence. The Sr. Content Analyst should have a deep understanding of data infrastructure and content tagging and measurement, and first-hand experience tying together multiple data sources to drive strategic decision making.
Core areas of focus and outcomes include:
• Data Exploration. Leverage our internal data platforms to quantify and identify patterns in content impact, viewer journeys, and performance.
• Reporting/Dashboard Development. Develop and continuously improve content-oriented dashboards, with an eye toward the end business-user and their decision-making needs.
• Analytical problem-solving. The ability to break down quantitative findings into meaningful insights and develop recommendations that lead to informed decision-making.
This is a collaborative role that will work alongside engineers, analysts, and data scientists to impact cross-functional teams of product managers; revenue, content, and design strategists; consumer scientists; and audience researchers. You'll help make informed decisions faster by providing the tactical information necessary to better understand our users, content, and products.
• Partner closely with and serve as a data and analytics expert for optimizing content investment, development, and performance
• Participate in answering ad hoc project and data requests from various business units and organizations
• Design and build reports and/or dashboards that clearly communicate quantitative analyses of content consumption, metadata, and strategy
• Build clear documentation around ad hoc analyses, methodology, and data definitions for raw and munged data
• Collaborate with both the data intelligence organization and its technology partners to identify opportunities for new data products
• 5+ years' experience working as an analyst on cross-functional analytics teams, preferably within online direct-to-consumer (DTC) organizations
• 3+ years of data analyst or data science experience querying databases (SQL), leveraging a scripting language (R/Python) and/or visualization software to communicate insights to business stakeholders.
• Domain knowledge of the end-to-end consumer journey, including demonstrated ability to form questions and design supporting analysis
• A quick learner can work independently in a matrixed environment, adaptability and a strong self-teaching ethic
• Thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic, and agile environment that can pivot quickly to capture opportunities from the users and business's changing needs.
• Outstanding organizational, interpersonal (ability to influence without hierarchy) and communication skills
• Academic background in quantitative field such as business, marketing, behavioral science, or applied math a plus
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.