CNNMexico City, MX
Full Time Job
Row Editor Mexico U CNN
Location: Mexico - Mexico City
CNN seeks a Bilingual Row Editor based in Mexico City reporting to the Bilingual Executive Row Editor in Atlanta.
Row Editors are responsible for editorial oversight of CNN's reporting. This is a position of considerable editorial responsibility, supporting all of CNN's linear and digital platforms. You will be on the front line of CNN's editorial quality control.
Editors are responsible for newsgroup-wide script and story approval, including but not limited to TV packages, investigative pieces, documentaries, digital writes and videos.
You will work with reporters, editors, producers and writers, focusing primarily on CNN en Español to ensure Spanish and English content meets high standards of story-telling, clarity, accuracy, quality, fairness, and balance, while avoiding problems of libel, defamation, and use infringement. You will work with CNN bureaus, the International Desk, National Content Center and Affiliate Content Center to clear reportable information for all platforms. And you will be the editorial liaison with Legal and Standards & Practices.
• Minimum 5 years journalism experience
• Applicants must have professional-level knowledge of Spanish and English
• At least one year reporting/field producing/copy editing experience
• A full understanding of ethics in journalism, libel, fair use and other legal issues
• Bachelor's degree
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.