Production Assistant, Image Sound
This was removed by the employer on 9/25/2023 9:06:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Production Assistant, Image Sound jobs in Atlanta-GA
Search all Production Assistant, Image Sound postings
Full Time Job
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
Your New Role…
The CNN Production Assistant is an early careers position that handles a variety of daily production tasks to support CNN Worldwide. This role has three distinct areas where you will perform essential tasks to support daily live News production. They are: 1) Live Programming – supporting anchors with teleprompting 2) Video Production – supporting shows with basic editing and 3) Newsgathering – by watching and logging daily news events. These three areas will allow an early career journalist to participate in and grow their knowledge of editorial news production.
Your Role Accountabilities…
Can include anything from:
• Control Room support – delivering scripts & mic'ing for anchors at CNN-US and CNN-International from Atlanta supporting anchors in a variety of locations. In addition to guest greeting and other production tasks as requested.
• Video Production support - Basic editing of sots, Vos and some light package work to support Newsource and CNN Sport. Basic editing means verifying aspect ratio, audio, and video levels prior to editing and delivering content. As well as properly entering metadata and publishing content for CNN affiliates.
• Newsgathering support – view video and create descriptive narratives of visuals and sound that result in shot sheets for key video assets. Utilize news awareness and collaboration to prioritize work while partnering with correspondents and producers to identify key news nuggets from the video.
• Able to work in a high pressure, fast-paced, newsgathering, and production environment.
• CNN is an organization that is 24/7, candidates should be prepared to work onsite in Atlanta or hybrid on overnights, weekends, and holidays.
• Bachelor's degree in journalism, English, political science or related field of study is preferred; or similar demonstrated on-the-job experience.
• An internship in a news environment or previous newsroom experience is preferred.
• Understanding of current news events is a must, as well as a strong curiosity for current and historic events.
• Understanding of file-based workflows and the basics of video editing.
• Stellar communication skills and a strong curiosity for current events and industry trends is a must.
• Ability to successfully work under deadline pressure and in a team effectively in person or hybrid.
• Be agile, flexible, and able to work with multiple teams.
• Great attention to detail and a creative mindset.
• Strong understanding of the Microsoft Suite, including Outlook.
• Language skills are highly valued.
• Ideal candidates will be looking at careers in journalism such as producing, video editing, writing, reporting, or working on an assignment desk.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.