Full Time Job
Location: London, United Kingdom
Every great story has a new beginning. We're excited to announce that Discovery and WarnerMedia have combined to become Warner Bros. Discovery. WBD is a premier global media and entertainment company offering audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, sports, news, streaming and gaming. We're home to the world's best storytellers, creating world-class products for consumers. From brilliant creatives to technology trailblazers and beyond, join us as we step into the next chapter.
Your New Role...
CNN's Digital Video team creates original video content for all CNN platforms. We write, produce, shoot and edit, working collaboratively across the organization to cover breaking news and important issues. From terrorist attacks to border issues, to economic and climate crises, we tell human-centered stories with the aim of informing, inspiring and engaging the largest global digital audience in news today.
We are currently looking for a Producer to be responsible for pitching and producing video news stories that will resonate with CNN's digital audience. You will monitor the news of the day, pitch stories, do research and pre-production, interviews, write scripts, edit video in-house and shoot in the field. You will also gain leadership experience as you learn to oversee assignments.
The ideal candidate is a video-first storyteller who loves to pitch daily stories in a fast-paced news environment. You should be a reporter who values accuracy and fairness; an adaptable team player willing to jump in and help out at a moment's notice. You'll be extremely comfortable both writing scripts and editing video. Sound editorial judgment, visual creativity, and clear communication skills are a must.
Your Role Accountabilities...
• Researching, writing scripts and editing video for all digital platforms
• Monitoring breaking news, live events and search/social trends
• Brainstorming and regularly generating daily – as well as longer lead -- story ideas
• Shooting video in-house and in the field for breaking news and news enterprise stories
• Managing assignments and giving notes on scripts & edits
• Coordinating with writers and producers across CNN bureaus around the world
• Proven experience working in a national or major media outlet or equivalent experience
• Proven track record of pitching & producing news videos daily
• Passion for breaking news and current events
• Experience collaborating in a deadline-driven environment
• Strong writing, communication and interpersonal skills
• Knowledgeable with post-production software (Adobe Premiere)
• Comfortable with current industry-standard video equipment (Example: FS7)
• Must be able to work holidays, weekends, overnights and extended hours as the news cycle and deadlines require
• Foreign language skills a plus
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, disability or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.
This is our story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.