CNNNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Location: New York, New York, United States of America
Every great story has a new beginning. We're excited to announce that Discovery and WarnerMedia have combined to become Warner Bros. Discovery. WBD is a premier global media and entertainment company offering audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, sports, news, streaming and gaming. We're home to the world's best storytellers, creating world-class products for consumers. From brilliant creatives to technology trailblazers and beyond, join us as we step into the next chapter.
CNN's Digital Video News team creates original video content for all CNN platforms. We write, produce, shoot and edit, working collaboratively across the organization to cover breaking news and important issues. From mass shootings to immigration to the climate crisis, we tell human-centered stories with the aim of informing, inspiring and engaging the largest global digital audience in news today.
The Producer is responsible for pitching and producing video content that will resonate with CNN's digital audience. They will monitor the news of the day, pitch stories, do research and pre-production interviews, write scripts, edit video in-house and shoot in the field.
The ideal candidate is a video-first storyteller who loves to pitch stories in a fast-paced news environment. They are a reporter who values accuracy and fairness; a team player willing to jump in and help out at a moment's notice. The ideal candidate is extremely comfortable both editing and being out in the field with a camera. Sound editorial judgment, creativity, and a passion for finding and pitching stories are a must. This position can be based in New York or Atlanta.
• Researching, writing scripts and editing video for all digital platforms
• Monitoring breaking news, live events and search/social trends
• Brainstorming and regularly generating story ideas
• Shooting video in-house and in the field for breaking news and news enterprise stories
• Experimenting with new video formats on multiple platforms to reach a new audience
• Coordinating with writers and producers across CNN bureaus around the world
• 3+ years of working in a national or major media market
• Experience reporting and fact-checking stories and characters
• Passion for breaking news and current events
• Skilled with current industry-standard video equipment (Example: FS7)
• Expertise in post-production software Adobe Premiere
• Understanding of news values and a love for journalism
• Track record of collaborating in a deadline-driven environment
• Strong writing, communication and interpersonal skills
• Must be able to work holidays, weekends, overnights and extended hours as the news cycle and deadlines require
• Foreign language skills a plus
• This position is required to work in person several days a week at one of our locations in the United States. WarnerMedia requires anyone working in our workplaces in the U.S. to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions to this vaccine requirement are available to those entitled to reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.