Producer - The Situation Room With Wolf Blitzer
Full Time Job
Location: Washington, District of Columbia, United States of America
Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here.
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery… the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are…
When we say, ''the stuff dreams are made of,'' we're not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD's vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what's next…
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
Your New Role...
Producer II, with the Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer
Your Role Accountabilities...
This producer works with the entire editorial team to help generate story ideas, report information and produce content for CNN's premiere late-afternoon breaking news and political analysis program, The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer.
The producer in this role handles a variety of important editorial tasks based on the needs of the program each day. The producer may be called upon to find and secure bookings with important live guests; to work with correspondents to script and produce tape "packages;" or to plan and execute live segments, including pre-interviewing guests and scripting questions for the program's anchor.
The producer needs strong editorial judgment with the ability to craft hard-hitting segment questions based on thorough research that help to shape the segment and lead to making news headlines. The producer must also be able to select key visual elements to ensure a highly-produced segment. Must pitch compelling and creative segment ideas.
The position requires a nimble journalist interested in breaking news, international relations and domestic politics. In addition to day-to-day editorial responsibilities, this producer may be called on to travel for short periods of time to produce stories in the field or to book guests in breaking news situations.
Your Experience & Qualifications...
• 6+ years experience in national or major media markets is required, with special consideration given to those with a background in network or cable news production.
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience.
• The position requires keen news judgment, a love of journalism and an extensive knowledge of basic television news production - including the ability to use non-linear editing software, an understanding of what makes a strong VO and the ability to write clear, concise and urgent scripts.
• Applicants should have relevant experience booking guests for live television.
• Control room experience is preferred and a strong interest in politics and news stories related to the federal government is essential.
• Applicants must be calm under pressure, excel when faced with a deadline and thrive on the chaos that comes with working in a network newsroom.
• A successful candidate for the position will be a critical and strategic thinker who is both creative and possess strong organizational skills.
• Must be able to work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.