Producer / Photojournalist - CNN
This was removed by the employer on 2/6/2024 2:37:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Post Production Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Producer / Photojournalist - CNN jobs in Remote-PA
Search all Producer / Photojournalist - CNN postings
Full Time Job
Producer / Photojournalist - CNN (Philadelphia)
Location: Remote, Pennsylvania, United States of America
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
Your New Role…
A Producer/Photojournalist at CNN is a visual storyteller, who takes our audience to places where news happens, helping them experience and live the story in ways others cannot. The role is a highly experienced journalist with a demonstrated ability to work in all environments creating and producing live and pre-produced content. This role is based in the Philadelphia area and w hether partner ing with a correspondent or working alone, will work across broadcast, digital, social, and mobile environments as an independent idea generator, storyteller, and newsgatherer. This position requires substantial field work, craft video production and technical skills, extensive editorial experience , journalistic ethics , and most of all, being a creative visual storytell er.
Learn more about our team here:
Your Role Accountabilities…
• Independently, or partnering with a correspondent, generates, pitches, and produces ideas and content for recorded and live content across all platforms.
• P artner s with the live programming and newsgathering desks to provide editorial and logistical direction, and to coordinate event coverage from the field or bureau to fulfill the needs of all platforms.
• End-to-end editorial, creative and technical production of live and recorded content for consumption via digital streaming, mobile, social, and broadcast platforms. Craft-level expertise in shooting, editing, producing, and transfer of all content.
• Produces c ontent of the highest editorial, aesthetic, and technical specifications .
• Responsible for gathering, packing and transporting production appropriate gear as well as arranging logistics including airfare, rental vehicle and lodging ; ability to travel to a variety of news events often with little to no advance notice , especially on breaking news coverage.
• 5 + years editorial/newsgathering/live event production experience in a breaking news environment.
• Strong editorial judgement.
• Must be proficient in cinema camera production and workflow, post-production editing tools, web publishing, social media usage, and other emerging technologies.
• Strong communication and ability to work across different partners and stakeholders.
• Hold and maintain a valid and active Driver's License.
• Must carry/lift loads of 50 - 70 lbs.
• Ability to travel at a moment's notice , particularly for breaking news coverage.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate and you require adjustments or accommodations to search for a job opening or apply for a position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.