Producer II, Inside Politics, Weekday
This was removed by the employer on 2/7/2024 6:37:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Search for Producer II, Inside Politics, Weekday jobs in Washington-DC
Search all Producer II, Inside Politics, Weekday postings
Full Time Job
Location: Washington, District of Columbia, United States of America
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
Your New Role...
CNN seeks a talented Producer II to join the Inside Politics team in Washington, DC!
Your Role Accountabilities...
This Producer II is responsible for executing live segments and interviews for Inside Politics. The Producer II needs sound editorial judgment, strong writing skills and must have an interest in and knowledge of domestic U.S. politics. The Producer II will generate compelling and creative segment ideas, and will be responsible for selecting key video, soundbites, quotes, and other information to be used as production elements. The Producer II will:
• Provide oversight and creation of the show rundown, building segments and developing story ideas from beginning to air.
• Write scripts, segment questions and conduct research on very tight deadlines
• Discuss segment elements and suggested questions with Anchor, Executive Producer and other show producers.
• Gather elements for segments and prepares material for air, including editing of soundbites and graphics.
• Make important editorial decisions and guides talent, writers, associate producers and the technical team.
Your Qualifications & Experience...
• 5+ years producing experience.
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience.
• Field production experience and control room experience are necessary.
• Requires a creative thinker with the ability to find new and entertaining ways to present information, new angles to approach stories, and the organization skills to bring it all together.
• Outstanding news judgment, critical and strategic thinking, and an ability to be persistent yet diplomatic are critical for the position.
• Must be able to work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate and you require adjustments or accommodations to search for a job opening or apply for a position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.