CNNNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Location: New York, New York, United States of America
WarnerMedia is a powerful portfolio of iconic entertainment, news, and sports brands. We bring people, technology, and the world's best storytellers together to drive culture and meaningful connection. We believe the enduring power of stories can open our eyes to the world, to each other, and to new and different perspectives.
Join us. Shape your story here.
CNN Health is looking for a producer with strong newsgathering abilities and experience with TV production. The producer should be an excellent researcher with a background in health or science. You must be a collaborative team player who can clearly and quickly develop breaking news into a segment for a CNN medical correspondent. Your time will be spent pursuing unique angles that will move our reporting forward.
• Work to identify the next development in a story, and get ahead of it
• Develop and maintain strong sources to break news and quickly contextualize new developments
• Synthesize your reporting to present on various platforms, including social media
• Collaborate with producers, correspondents and writers/editors to craft your reporting into stories for TV and Digital
• Clearly communicate editorial and logistical information between the team, Digital, newsgathering and shows
• BA/BS in journalism
• 3+ years of experience in a news environment at a major network, local station or website
• Background in medical or science journalism preferred
• TV/digital writing experience is a must
• Strong logistical and organizational skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Able to work under pressure and juggle multiple editorial pursuits simultaneously
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.