Producer, Global Programming
CNNNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 12/18/2023 2:38:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Producer, Global Programming jobs in New York-NY
Search all Producer, Global Programming postings
Full Time Job
Producer, Global Programming (Temporary)
Location: New York, New York, United States of America
Your New Role…
CNN is looking for a Producer, Digital Programming for a maternity cover period to start asap until May 2024.
The role would suit someone who has a thirst for news and a knack for making it easily understandable, who can craft a headline or notification to make any story interesting. It requires an ability to remain calm and continue to be creative under pressure. If you are all about making news as engaging an experience as the rest of our digital lives then you should join the CNN Digital Programming Team!
We take the extraordinary content of CNN, curate and organize them for CNN's own digital platforms, from CNN.com on phones and desktop to the CNN app and other platforms.
Your Role Accountabilities…
• Programming producers are obsessed with writing that perfect headline and presentation for CNN's powerful homepages.
• Programming producers are seen internally as go-to people for how to get compelling essential journalism seen and shared. To that end, all producers think like readers/swipers/watchers/listeners and help connect disparate digital dots to the benefit of global audiences second-by-second, minute-by-minute.
• They take initiative to recognize programming needs, and they work with more senior team members to make sure the needs are met. They may help provide guidance to the team's associate producers. They interact with internal and external peers and managers to share and receive feedback on key initiatives.
• They are addicted to audience analytics and A/B testing.
• They will master all of CNN's hot-seat duties, including alerts and social publishing, and also partner with the SEO team to maximize search visibility.
• Digital producers are thoughtful and creative planners and ace collaborators, partnering with the separate video and photo teams, social teams, the global digital news desk, vertical teams and beyond. They are excellent givers of feedback, and they participate in post-mortems and other conversations about sharpening our programming around key projects.
• They may contribute to the conception and planning of programming for short- and medium-term projects.
• They help execute those projects, watching a wide range of audience data closely, optimizing content as needed.
• They have a deep knowledge of digital content in many forms -- articles, videos, galleries, social content, interactives, podcasts, etc. - across the entire portfolio and create compelling digital packages for distribution on a wide range of platforms.
• They suggest ideas and/or execute programming strategies that contribute to the life of content, from publication through ongoing refreshes and updates.
• Solid digital newsroom experience
• Experience in breaking news desirable
• Experience of digital publishing platforms
• Demonstrable interest in news and global affairs
• Confident understanding of emerging platforms
• Gift for powerful headlines, creative writing and visual impact
• Global mindset
• Highly organized and adapts well to changes at work
• Willingness to work evenings and/or weekends
• Pay Rate: $376 / day
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. Actual salaries will vary based on several factors, including but not limited to external market data, internal equity, location, skill set, experience, and/or performance. Base pay is just one component of Warner Bros. Discovery's total compensation package for employees. Pay Range: $0.00 - $0.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and sick time and vacation.
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate and you require adjustments or accommodations to search for a job opening or apply for a position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.