Producer, Digital Video
Full Time Job
Location: London, United Kingdom
Every great story has a new beginning. We're excited to announce that Discovery and WarnerMedia have combined to become Warner Bros. Discovery. WBD is a premier global media and entertainment company offering audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, sports, news, streaming and gaming. We're home to the world's best storytellers, creating world-class products for consumers. From brilliant creatives to technology trailblazers and beyond, join us as we step into the next chapter.
CNN's Digital Video team creates original video content for all CNN platforms. We write, produce, shoot and edit, working collaboratively across the organization. From global conflicts to lifestyle topics, we tell human-centered stories with the aim of informing, inspiring and engaging the largest digital audience in news today.
We are now looking for a Producer to be responsible for pitching and producing video content that will resonate with CNN's digital audience. You will pitch stories, do research and pre-production interviews, write scripts, edit video in-house and shoot in the field.
You should be a video-first storyteller who loves to pitch stories in a fast-paced news environment; a reporter who values accuracy and fairness; a team player willing to jump in and help out at a moment's notice. You'll be flexible, able to move between hard news and lighter enterprise storytelling seamlessly, and will be extremely comfortable both editing and being out in the field with a camera. Sound editorial judgment, creativity, and a passion for finding and pitching character-driven stories are a must.
• Researching, writing scripts and editing video for all digital platforms
• Monitoring breaking news and search/social trends
• Brainstorming and regularly generating enterprise story ideas
• Shooting video in-house and in the field for news and feature videos
• Experimenting with video formats to reach new audiences on multiple platforms
• Collaborating with writers and producers across CNN bureaus around the world
• Proven experience of working at a major media outlet, or equivalent experience
• Experience fact-checking stories and interviewing characters
• Passion for international news and current events
• Skilled with current industry-standard video equipment (Example: FS7)
• Deep understanding of post-production software Adobe Premiere
• Track record of collaborating in a deadline-driven environment
• Strong writing, communication and interpersonal skills
• Must be able to work holidays, weekends, overnights and extended hours as the news cycle and deadlines require
• Foreign language skills
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, disability or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is our story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.