Producer , CNN Digital Video
CNNNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Producer (Snapchat), CNN Digital Video
Location: New York, New York, United States of America
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
This Producer will be a key member of a new CNN team focused on creating a daily, talent-driven show for social platforms. They will be responsible for pitching ideas and producing video content that resonates with the digital audience.
The ideal candidate is a video-first storyteller who loves to find good stories in a fast-paced news environment. They are a journalist who values accuracy and fairness; a team player willing to jump in and help out at a moment's notice. Strong editorial judgment is essential. Video editing skills, creativity, and a passion for finding stories are a must; experience working with on-camera talent a plus.
This position is a year-long project position.
Your Role Accountabilities...
• Producing and writing a ~3 min daily show for social platforms
• Researching stories, writing scripts and overseeing taping
• Working with talent to conduct interviews
• Sourcing & clearing images, video or other elements needed for production
• Monitoring breaking news, live events and search/social trends
• Collaborating with other teams across CNN
• Brainstorming and regularly generating ways to experiment with new video formats
• 3+ years of working in a national or major media market
• Fluency on social media platforms and/or with storytelling for a younger demographic
• Experience producing video content using the Adobe Creative Suite
• Passion for international news and current events
• A portfolio of journalism credentials, showing editorial judgment and creativity
• Strong writing, communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work independently within a small team
• Must be able to work holidays, weekends and extended hours as the news cycle and deadlines require
This position is required to work in person several days a week at one of our locations in the United States. WarnerMedia requires anyone working in our workplaces in the U.S. to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions to this vaccine requirement are available to those entitled to reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles that will be performed in New York City. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Warner Bros. Discovery's total compensation package for employees. Pay Range: $85,540.00 - $158,860.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.