Producer, CNN Audio
CNNNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Location: New York, New York, United States of America
Title: Audio Producer
Location: New York
Your New Role…
The CNN Audio producer will take the editorial and technical lead on upcoming conversation podcasts, as well as future narrative/doc style series. The ideal candidate must be a gifted writer and storyteller with a proven track record in the audio industry. They must be at ease working alongside various hosts. The position requires a pro-active and passionate producer who is proficient in ProTools and audio recording.
Your Role Accountabilities…
• Work closely with the senior producer, host and production team on the execution of CNN podcasts
• Book guests and identify any necessary archival audio.
• Write scripts, lead technical editing of episodes, collaborating closely producers, associate producers and production assistants.
• Assist with sound design and scoring.
• Ensure that all episodes meet the content, quality, and journalistic and legal standards of CNN
• Partner with the Senior Producer on schedule, workflow, and budgeting for projects
• 5+ years of experience, with at least 2 years in audio
• Extensive knowledge of podcasting industry
• Strong writing skills.
• Ability to work with agility in rapidly changing environment
• Proficient in ProTools and audio recording,
• Passion for news, politics, history and popular culture
• Strong collaboration, communication, excellent teamwork and team-building skills Ability to thrive under pressure with diverse staff and talent
• Flexibility with operating in a 24/7 environment
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. $54,600.00 - $101,400.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.