Newsource Writer / Producer
This was removed by the employer on 1/3/2024 4:38:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Newsource Writer / Producer jobs in Atlanta-GA
Search all Newsource Writer / Producer postings
Full Time Job
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
Your New Role…
CNN is looking for a Writer/Producer to join the CNN Newsource team in Atlanta!
Your Role Accountabilities…
• A Newsource Writer/Producer must be skilled in crafting broadcast ready scripts that are accurate and conversational.
• This person is expected to write a variety of news scripts including lead-ins, vo's , tags, etc. for more than 1,100 CNN affiliates around the globe.
• The Writer/Producer will be expected to write packages and/or copy edit, when needed.
• The Newsource Writer/Producer is also responsible for making editorial decisions on content distribution in conjunction with writing scripts.
• At times, a Writer/Producer will also proxy edit. All of this must be done within a fast-paced work environment.
• The ideal candidate also must be able to provide excellent customer service to affiliates and the ability to collaborate with co-workers across all of CNN's platforms.
• Requirements for this position include 2 years or more writing experience and 3-5 years total news experience. Experience in local news is helpful.
• Willingness to work late nights: This role covers overnight hours on the East Coast
• Creative written and oral skills are also essential, as well as strong organizational skills and flexibility.
• Bachelor's degree is also required .?
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.