News Editor, National Assignment CNN
This was removed by the employer on 2/2/2024 2:37:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Search for News Editor, National Assignment CNN jobs in Atlanta-GA
Search all News Editor, National Assignment CNN postings
Full Time Job
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
Your New Role…
CNN seeks a News Editor for the National Assignment Desk. CNN News Editors pitch, research, and facilitate stories for all CNN Platforms. As a news editor at CNN, you are making the calls to report out stories and confirm details. You will work with a team of news editors along with bureau teams for television and digital platforms from our newsroom in Atlanta.
Your Role Accountabilities…
• Generate news leads via traditional and new media platforms, possessing good judgment to evaluate engaging stories including via social media, along with strong writing skills and ability to report stories under deadline.
• Foster relationships with newsgathering partners and work closely with field personnel and executive teams to develop and execute high-quality journalism.
• Strong understanding of social media, vetting third party material and utilizing social and digital resources to confirm and deliver news to viewers/readers.
• Work collaboratively and report out stories during breaking news coverage.
• 4-6 years of Newsroom experience or related news media field.
• Strong writing and research skills, proven editorial judgment.
• Able to work under deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Proficient use of social media platforms for newsgathering skills.
• Newsgathering experience in traditional and digital/social mediums.
• Schedule flexibility to work overnights and weekends as the national assignment desk is staffed 24/7/365
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
• Undergraduate degree in journalism/related field or commensurate experience is required.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate and you require adjustments or accommodations to search for a job opening or apply for a position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.