News Assistant, CNN Image Sound
This was removed by the employer on 4/24/2023 11:06:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for News Assistant, CNN Image Sound jobs in Atlanta-GA
Search all News Assistant, CNN Image Sound postings
Full Time Job
News Assistant, CNN Image Sound (Temporary)
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here.
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery… the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are…
When we say, ''the stuff dreams are made of,'' we're not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD's vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what's next…
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
Your New Role …
This News Assistant role is part of CNN's Image+Sound Production Services unit. This team provides 24/7 production and editorial expertise to support CNN's storytelling. This role is on the front lines of broadcast production for CNN Domestic, and CNN International, working directly with CNN Anchors around the world.
Your Role Accountabilities …
• Collaborating with CNN, and CNNI, control room staff and show teams
• Operating teleprompter for all CNN broadcast platforms.
• Printing and running scripts for CNN anchors.
• Supporting CNN's television platforms' daily production.
• Working with CNN's world class journalists.
• Working in fast-paced, pressure-filled, 24x7x365 control room and studio environments.
• News Assistants have the opportunity to gain sound editorial judgment in their daily responsibilities and participate in growth and development opportunities
• This role is Atlanta based and does NOT support remote work options.
& Experience …
• Bachelor's degree (typically in liberal arts such as journalism, English, political science) or similar demonstrated on the job experience
• Ability to successfully work in high pressure situations.
• Ability to handle covering disturbing news stories.
• Ability to stay focused for long periods of time.
• A strong curiosity for current and historic events.
• A motivation to grow and adapt to a rapidly changing business
• Demonstrated success working in a team environment.
• Strong verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills; bi-lingual in another language is a plus
• Ability to work a variety of schedules, including overnights, weekends, and holidays.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.