Motion Graphics Designer - CNN Design
This was removed by the employer on 12/20/2023 6:38:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Search for Motion Graphics Designer - CNN Design jobs in Atlanta-GA
Search all Motion Graphics Designer - CNN Design postings
Full Time Job
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
**Please note this role is an on-site position based in our Atlanta office only **
Your New Role…
As a Motion Graphics Designer within the CNN Design group, your primary focus will be to create innovative, effective and arresting design in all aspects of television and studio production for CNN programs, specials and documentaries.
At this level you are a world-class motion designer with strong professional experience. You have a passion for upholding the integrity of CNN's standards. You'll make valuable contributions to the creative direction on key projects. You are comfortable designing for television and are familiar with all aspects of the design and production process (ideation, design, animation, presentation, delivery, execution). You are a motion generalist, with a toolbox that includes 2D and 3D.
• This is an Atlanta-based position only*
• This position will likely work a M-F 4p-midnight schedule.
• All shift assignments are based on business need and are subject to change.
Your Role Accountabilities…
• You will work with creative directors, producers, and editors to create and deliver animated graphics with excellent attention to detail and organization skills.
• You will work collaboratively with the creative team and editorial partners to develop concepts and motion graphics for show opens, transitions, explainer graphics and scenic studio graphics.
• You will design and develop looks and packages for news programs, special events and documentaries.
• You expected to stay abreast of industry trends, new practices and design/production tools.
• You must be an experienced problem solver with the ability to understand editorial storytelling and to translate conceptual ideas into creative solutions.
• You will be working fluidly between 2D and 3D animation styles.
• It's important for you to be comfortable articulating your design concepts to other team members and clients.
• You must be self-motivated, possess a positive attitude, and have strong interpersonal skills and will actively contribute to a creative, inclusive workplace.
• You must be comfortable in a highly collaborative, deadline-driven work environment.
• You must have excellent communication skills.
• A degree in motion design, animation, graphic design, or relevant experience.
• At least 2+ years professional experience producing high-end creative work for television.
• Proficient at Adobe Creative Suite including After Effects, Photoshop, and Illustrator,
• Proficient knowledge of Maxon Cinema 4D + Redshift (or other accelerated renderers) for motion design is preferred.
• Proficient knowledge of Plugins such as RedGiant, Boris FX, Sapphire, AE Expression, C4D Expresso, X-Particles, etc.
• Well-rounded and strong conceptual designer - who is also very proficient with motion design, typography, color theory, illustration, photography, and layout.
• Design experience working with a fast-changing deliverables and delivery times and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Flexible schedule required.
• A good understanding of compositing techniques
• Strong design/production portfolio required.
• A Reel is required. Please be prepared to showcase 2-3 case studies and highlight specific contributions for each.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate and you require adjustments or accommodations to search for a job opening or apply for a position, please contact us at email@example.com.