Line Producer, This Morning
CNNNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 10/26/2023 9:05:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Line Producer, This Morning jobs in New York-NY
Search all Line Producer, This Morning postings
Full Time Job
Location: New York, New York, United States of America
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
Your New Role…
CNN is looking for a Line Producer I for CNN This Morning. Come join our control room team where every morning you'll help envision and execute global live coverage for CNN's signature morning show. This role is responsible for helping create and manage our show rundown while imagining visually interesting ways to help share CNN's reporting with the world. We're looking for a passionate producer who loves waking up and getting the first crack at the day's news.
Your Role Accountabilities…
• Create and manage the show rundown
• Work with the Senior Broadcast Producer to decide what stories we cover and execute a plan on how to cover them
• Generate compelling and creative segment ideas
• Select video, stills, soundbites, quotes, graphics and other elements to help convey information
• Call elements for show director
• Assign stories to other team members for writing/producing
• Write scripts and produce segments for breaking news stories
• Produce rolling coverage of live breaking and scheduled news events
• Discuss segment elements and suggested questions with Anchor, Executive Producer and other show producers
• Make important editorial decisions and communicate them to talent, Writers, Associate Producers, Production Assistants and our control room team
• 5+ years producing experience including extensive control room experience
• Must be able to work an overnight/early morning shift and an extended schedule as the news cycle requires
• Expert level ability to work in inews or ENPS
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience
• Creative thinker with the ability to find new and entertaining ways to present information, suggest new angles for stories while having the organizational skills to bring it all together
• Outstanding news judgment, critical and strategic thinking, and an ability to be persistent yet diplomatic are critical for the position
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. Actual salaries will vary based on several factors, including but not limited to external market data, internal equity, location, skillset, experience, and/or performance. Base pay is just one component of Warner Bros. Discovery's total compensation package for employees. Pay Range: $77,000.00 - $143,000.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.