Lead Game Designer
This was removed by the employer on 7/3/2022 5:04:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Lead Game Designer jobs in Wilmslow-UK
Search all Lead Game Designer postings
Full Time Job
Location: Wilmslow, United Kingdom
Every great story has a new beginning. We're excited to announce that Discovery and WarnerMedia have combined to become Warner Bros. Discovery. WBD is a premier global media and entertainment company offering audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, sports, news, streaming and gaming. We're home to the world's best storytellers, creating world-class products for consumers. From brilliant creatives to technology trailblazers and beyond, join us as we step into the next chapter.
TT Games was acquired by Warner Bros. in 2007 and went on to develop the hit LEGO games franchise. The company is proud to continue its mission to be the leading publisher of interactive entertainment for young gamers and their families.
TT Games are looking for a talented Lead Game Designer to take on a key role on an exciting new LEGO game based on a major IP. Reporting to the Design Director, you will be responsible for leadership and day to day management of a section of the design team and ensuring high quality delivery of gameplay features and content.
• Alongside the Head of Game & Design Director, you will help to evangelise the game vision, ensuring it is clearly communicated to your team and carried through into the game's design and implementation.
• You will be responsible for several aspects of the game and lead a team of designers to deliver those aspects to high quality, on time, and in line with the creative vision of the game.
• You will discuss and clarify the rationale behind design decisions and listen, iterating on feedback from other disciplines, designers, management, external stakeholders, and user tests.
• You will produce and maintain documentation including the GDD and wiki pages, though you will largely communicate verbally; devoting time with each team member, ensuring they understand the vision and design and have what they need to do their jobs.
• You will ensure that design changes are clearly communicated to all disciplines in the team.
• You will oversee, mentor & coach the designers who report to you, as well as working with Production and your direct reports to assign & schedule tasks.
• You will verify task estimations provided by more junior staff and ensure reasonable timeframes are provided for planning purposes.
• You will take an active role in project planning, attending planning and review meetings and ensuring your team are adequately prepared so that meetings can run efficiently.
• You will hold regular 1-2-1 meetings with your direct reports, liaising with them on their career and professional development; as well as carrying out formal annual appraisals & goal setting.
• You will encourage a culture of professionalism, collaboration, and respect.
• You will ensure team members follow agreed development practices as well as ensuring that their own work is properly tested before it is committed to the project.
• A passion for creating fun and accessible games for children and families.
• A broad knowledge of all aspects of game design with a deep understand of several areas of specialisation, such as game mechanics, level design, combat, balancing, progression, usability, social mechanics, games as a service, etc.
• Extensive experience of games development, and as a Lead shipped at least two action or action/adventure current gen console or PC titles.
• Leadership experience, including the running of a multi-person design team; people-management, mentoring, line-management.
• Professional experience writing high quality design documentation
• Good knowledge of industry trends as they relate to genres, gameplay, development models, and financial models.
• Experience of UE4 an advantage
Our people make WM the inspiring organisation it is today.
At WarnerMedia, our commitment starts with you! As a company of storytellers and journalists we have a responsibility to make sure we have a collection of voices and people whose stories reflect and connect with the global audiences and communities we serve.
WarnerMedia, and its suite of brands like Warner Bros., CNN, HBO Max, HBO, TNT, TBS, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Boomerang and many more, have long been committed to equity and inclusion as moral and business imperatives. It is essential that our content and creative partners reflect the diversity of our society and the world around us. Together with other production companies, networks, guilds, unions, talent agencies and others in the industry, WarnerMedia is committed to greater inclusion of people of color, women, the LGBTQ community, those with disabilities and other underrepresented groups in greater numbers both in front of and behind the camera.
There really has never been a better and more exciting time to join WarnerMedia. For more information on how to join our company and our commitment to diversity and inclusion, please click here.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, disability or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.