This was removed by the employer on 10/6/2023 7:03:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Field Producer jobs in London-UK
Search all Field Producer postings
Full Time Job
Location: London, United Kingdom
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
Your New Role…
Working under the guidance of the Directors of Coverage, the Field Producer is responsible for the direct handling of the coordination and facilitation of the numerous and variable editorial, logistical, legal and technical details essential to the CNN News Groups newsgathering needs.
The Field Producer works across story development through execution and post-production, responds to breaking news in the region and field and ensures all content is relevant for a given platform, accurate and of quality and interest for the target audience. Will also work across organising the newsgathering and output of distinctive storytelling as well as day's biggest news stories across all platforms.
You will also be the primary interface with assigned teams in the field \ bureau \ TRIAD. Providing guidance, direction, editorial and production support under direction from Senior News Editors. Ensuring communication between teams in the field and all interested platforms (both TV and digital) is timely, accurate and follows CNN Editorial practices and guidelines.
Your Role Accountabilities…
• Working hand in hand with London reporters in their newsgathering responsibilities. Take the lead in co-ordination with the International desk in Atlanta and the London News Desk, handling and full facilitation of news coverage and CNN correspondents' output, including the editorial oversight of packages.
• Providing full support in regard to essential coordination and logistical decisions in line with the coverage and programming priorities, as well as, ensuring coverage operates within budget constraints. Field safety on assignment is a vital part of the Producer's responsibilities
• Dealing with the unexpected – breaking news. Responding at a moment's notice to get editorial information for air – verifying its accuracy – while simultaneously getting live phone interview, live video, transmissions and/or taped coverage of the news event.
• Facilitating clear guidance and feedback to the field (Correspondents, Field Producers, Technical Crews). Knowledge of Company policies and practices and their effective application are part of the responsibilities of the Producer and ensuring that risk assessment procedures are followed.
• Providing editorial guidance to the CNN News Group networks and websites on international matters, ranging from historical or cultural background, to language interpretation, when possible.
• Experience in newsgathering and TV and Digital production.
• Field producing or reporting experience for TV and/or Digital.
• Knowledge of TV news logistics, technical requirements
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritise between tasks under difficult conditions.
• Prior field experience in hostile environments
• Organized, exceptional interest in world news including business news
• Prior field experience in hostile environments preferred
• Fluent in a second language preferred
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, disability or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.