This was removed by the employer on 8/17/2022 11:05:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Field Producer jobs in London-UK
Search all Field Producer postings
Full Time Job
Location: London, United Kingdom
Every great story has a new beginning. We're excited to announce that Discovery and WarnerMedia have combined to become Warner Bros. Discovery. WBD is a premier global media and entertainment company offering audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, sports, news, streaming and gaming. We're home to the world's best storytellers, creating world-class products for consumers. From brilliant creatives to technology trailblazers and beyond, join us as we step into the next chapter.
Working under the guidance of the Directors of Coverage, the Field Producer is responsible for the direct handling of the coordination and facilitation of the numerous and variable editorial, logistical, legal and technical details essential to the CNN News Groups newsgathering needs.
The Field Producer works across story development through execution and post-production, responds to breaking news in the region and field and ensures all content is relevant for a given platform, accurate and of quality and interest for the target audience. Will also work across organising the newsgathering and output of distinctive storytelling as well as day's biggest news stories across all platforms.
You will also be the primary interface with assigned teams in the field \ bureau \ TRIAD. Providing guidance, direction, editorial and production support under direction from Senior News Editors. Ensuring communication between teams in the field and all interested platforms (both TV and digital) is timely, accurate and follows CNN Editorial practices and guidelines.
• Working hand in hand with London reporters in their newsgathering responsibilities. Take the lead in co-ordination with the International desk in Atlanta and the London News Desk, handling and full facilitation of news coverage and CNN correspondents' output, including the editorial oversight of packages.
• Providing full support in regard to essential coordination and logistical decisions in line with the coverage and programming priorities, as well as, ensuring coverage operates within budget constraints. Field safety on assignment is a vital part of the Producer's responsibilities
• Dealing with the unexpected – breaking news. Responding at a moment's notice to get editorial information for air – verifying its accuracy – while simultaneously getting live phone interview, live video, transmissions and/or taped coverage of the news event.
• Facilitating clear guidance and feedback to the field (Correspondents, Field Producers, Technical Crews). Knowledge of Company policies and practices and their effective application are part of the responsibilities of the Producer and ensuring that risk assessment procedures are followed.
• Providing editorial guidance to the CNN News Group networks and websites on international matters, ranging from historical or cultural background, to language interpretation, when possible.
• Experience in newsgathering and TV and Digital production.
• Field producing or reporting experience for TV and/or Digital.
• Knowledge of TV news logistics, technical requirements
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritise between tasks under difficult conditions.
• Prior field experience in hostile environments
• Organized, exceptional interest in world news including business news
• Prior field experience in hostile environments.
• Fluent in a second language
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, disability or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.