CNNNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 10/25/2021 1:39:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Sports Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Executive Editor jobs in New York-NY
Search all Executive Editor postings
Full Time Job
Executive Editor, CNN Breaking News
Location: New York, New York, United States of America
WarnerMedia is a powerful portfolio of iconic entertainment, news, and sports brands. We bring people, technology, and the world's best storytellers together to drive culture and meaningful connection. We believe the enduring power of stories can open our eyes to the world, to each other, and to new and different perspectives.
Join us. Shape your story here.
CNN Digital seeks an Executive Editor of Breaking News for CNN's global digital platforms.
This senior leader will steer live coverage of the essential and urgent moments at the core of CNN's identity: US presidential elections. The latest on Covid developments. The path and impact of hurricanes. The Olympics. Space flights and awards shows. CNN town halls.
We are looking for an inspiring and innovative leader who focuses relentlessly on audience needs in a time of turbulence and misinformation. The executive editor will oversee a talented digital team of writers, editors and producers who collaborate daily with hundreds of journalists across digital, newsgathering and television to create, curate and leverage CNN's journalism.
This leader should embody the best of CNN's DNA: Urgency. Essential reporting. Facts, backed by data and science. Journalism that holds power to account. Storytelling that connect dots and gives context.
The Executive Editor for Breaking News will decide how we are going to cover news events, write and edit posts, and partner with subject matter teams to keep us sharp and fast on breaking news worldwide.
This leader will report to the Vice President of News for CNN Digital. They will work together and with other CNN leaders to chart a strategic, audience-focused vision for breaking news that brings the full power of CNN's resources to our signature work. Strong relationships and seamless partnerships across CNN will be essential, from the leadership for newsgathering and television teams to digital editorial to cross-functional work that stretches across video, visuals, programming, product, technology, audience development, research and operations.
• Execution: The ability to steer news with urgency and follow-through, pushing or pausing where appropriate. Our commitment to clear and accurate storytelling is our top priority.
• Vision: Planning what stories we will cover and how; working with product teams to serve audiences and enable them to follow story lines or subjects/regions of interest; serve as the editorial representative to keep CNN's efforts in our core breaking news space ambitious and modern; drive innovation.
• Collaboration: Work across television and digital to lead and share best practices and a breaking news playbook; guide what's needed for planned events; set and meet goals for breaking news coverage with ad-sales and operations.
• Audience focus: Relentlessly prioritize our audiences by using analytics tools and partnerships across teams to anticipate needs and build relationships as we move toward a direct-to-consumer future.
• Passion for Storytelling: A love for urgent and engaging breaking news in all forms, and for leading others who share that passion. A commitment to every aspect of content creation from conception to distribution across platforms.
• Talent Development and Diversity: Attract, engage and develop talent. Continue building a diverse, high-performing and inclusive culture within the Breaking team and through partnerships with other leaders.
• Innovation: An enthusiasm for testing and learning. A creative exploration of new ways of working and sharing stories in all forms, from live tools to newsletters, podcasts and new products.
• 10+ years editorial experience
• 5+ years leading and managing teams in a deadline-driven newsroom across a matrixed organization preferred
• Outstanding editorial judgment
• Comfort shaping an overall vision while executing on daily demands to stay sharp and fast on the news
• Ability to attract and develop talent. Demonstrated commitment to building a diverse, high-performing and inclusive culture
• Strength in partnering across teams, including editorial and product
• Top-notch editing skills, along with a talent for coaching to better storytelling
• Deft at driving content into new mediums, including live story tools, newsletters, podcasts and products
• Experience innovating around audience relationships
• Skilled at using data and analytics tools to make decisions
• Ability to work in a fast paced 24/7 news environment
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.