Executive Editor, Visuals - CNN
This was removed by the employer on 10/14/2021 9:37:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Post Production Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Executive Editor, Visuals - CNN jobs in Washington-NY
Search all Executive Editor, Visuals - CNN postings
Full Time Job
Location: Washington, District of Columbia, United States of America
WarnerMedia is a powerful portfolio of iconic entertainment, news, and sports brands. We bring people, technology, and the world's best storytellers together to drive culture and meaningful connection. We believe the enduring power of stories can open our eyes to the world, to each other, and to new and different perspectives.
Join us. Shape your story here.
CNN's Visuals team works across the entire digital organization to publish compelling photography, graphics, charts, maps, motion graphics, illustrations, and interactive presentations for our top stories, beats and projects.
The Executive Editor for Visuals will lead a team that plays across a spectrum of short and long-term projects, from a simple, engaging animated image for a breaking news story, to complex projects that weave together multiple forms and formats to tell an engaging story. This collaborative and creative thinker sees possibilities for visual work in the top stories of the day, and in the zeitgeist.
The Executive Editor for Visuals will manage a global team of about 40 talented visual journalists to proactively pitch and source ideas to make CNN's journalism more dynamic across all digital platforms, going beyond the article + video formula and into creative storytelling with images, data and motion that entices audiences in new ways. The Executive Editor for Visuals will report to the SVP, Editor-in-Chief, CNN Digital.
This leader has expertise with data, and innovative and visual uses of information that compliments stories and can serve as stories in their own right. This leader is audience obsessed. They focus their time and energy on the biggest impact stories that will reach the widest global audience.
• Integrity and Standards: Our commitment to clear and accurate storytelling is our top priority throughout CNN. The Visuals landscape, with uses of data, imagery and graphics has unique needs to address, and best practices to articulate and share.
• Audience focus: Relentlessly prioritize our audiences by using data, tools and partnerships to learn more about what resonates with our audiences, what doesn't, and to apply those insights daily to make our work stronger.
• Passion for Creative Storytelling: A love for shaping stories and an inclination to let the nature of the story itself guide the presentation. A commitment to every aspect of content creation, from conception to distribution, across platforms.
• Talent Development and Diversity: Attract, engage, and develop talent. Continue building a diverse, high-performing and inclusive team and culture
• Broad collaboration: The Visuals team gets to work across all CNN Digital teams, globally, and other key partners throughout all of CNN. The ability to be a true partner who can listen, prioritize, and give feedback across the org in ways that lift our ''Visuals IQ'' is key.
• Innovation: An enthusiasm for experimentation, testing and learning. A creative exploration of new ways of working and sharing stories in all forms.
• 10+ years of related experience
• College Degree or equivalent industry experience
• 3+ years of experience in leading an editorial/design teams, global preferably
• Strong news judgement
• Strong understanding of current our news & creative trends
• Passion for the news and ability to working a fact paced 24/7 new environment.
Atlanta or NY base preferred. This person will travel on average once a month, as s/he will manage journalists in 4-5 locations globally.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
This is our story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.