Editorial Producer, Original Series
CNNNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 8/1/2023 2:37:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Editorial Producer, Original Series jobs in New York-NY
Search all Editorial Producer, Original Series postings
Full Time Job
Editorial Producer, Original Series (Project Role) Location: New York, New York, United States of America
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN. See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. Your New Role… We are seeking an experienced Editorial Producer to join the team that will create premium longform content exclusively for CNN Original Series. This is an ambitious and exciting unit that requires strong leaders and creative storytellers who have experience producing series content. The Editorial Producer is responsible for oversight of the editorial bookings featured in the content coming out of this group. This is a project-based position for 1 year Your Role Accountabilities… This individual, along with the wider booking team will be responsible for consistently and enthusiastically pitching stories and booking dynamic characters, experts, and public figures for series content.
• The ideal candidate is a voracious consumer of news with a deep knowledge of history and pop culture and a passion for unearthing stories and topics that are provocative and buzzworthy.
• The Editorial Producer is part of a small group of talent bookers and should have an interest and ability in collaborating with a team of producers and storytellers.
• This individual has strong relationships within various communities including entertainment and politics and is expected to identify, establish, and maintain critical relationships with newsmakers, talent, and publicists and sources and to continually expand the network of bookings.
• The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced, breaking news environment and is capable of creating polished content, maintaining schedules and workflows, while meeting aggressive deadlines for on-budget work.
• This position reports to the Senior Editorial Producer and will partner with internal stakeholders across the organization.
• This role can be based in New York or Los Angeles. Qualifications
• Experience as a booking producer or equivalent production experience.
• Proven performance and an established rolodex covering a variety of landscapes is necessary.
• Strong editorial judgment, and a knowledge of the digital landscape is required.
• This candidate must be able to multi-task, execute quickly, and be editorially strong.
• This person should have a strong grasp of social media as it relates to series content.
• Organizational skills and writing skills are essential to this position.
• Second language is a plus.
• Ability to travel as needed. How We Get Things Done… This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview. The Legal Bits…
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. $70,000.00 - $130,000.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO). Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law. If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.