Editorial Producer CNN
CNNNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Location: New York, New York, United States of America
WarnerMedia is a powerful portfolio of iconic entertainment, news, and sports brands. We bring people, technology, and the world's best storytellers together to drive culture and meaningful connection. We believe the enduring power of stories can open our eyes to the world, to each other, and to new and different perspectives.
Join us. Shape your story here.
CNN invented cable news in 1980, defined online news in 1995 and is now taking the next step in expanding what news can be by launching CNN+. With an unrivaled global reach, storytelling, and world class talent, we are building CNN+, a streaming product that will grow the reach and scope of the CNN brand in a way that no one else is doing.
We are journalists, designers and technologists, all united by a powerful mission to inform, engage and empower the world. Join the most trusted and recognized name in news as we build our next chapter.
The Producer will work closely with CNN's emerging products team and create content for next-generation products, with an eye towards identifying direct-to-consumer, paid experiences. In this role you will help us experiment, ideate, develop and produce live and tape content.
This Producer is dedicated to the booking and planning of innovative video concepts and original live programming. An ideal candidate has a strong interpersonal skills and superior editorial judgement. The ability to collaborate well with internal and external stakeholders is critical to this position. This person must also be able to develop, cultivate and maintain new booking relationships on behalf of the network. Must be a voracious consumer of news and video content in its many forms. An understanding of audience feedback and behavior, and the ability to pitch and develop content accordingly is necessary. Experience in digital and/or live television news production is required.
• Book top experts, hosts, and guests for live video interviews
• Collaborate with editorial teams to plan live content and future programming based on research analytics and news cycle
• Maintain editorial calendars to program future events
• Build relationships with internal and external newsmakers and their representatives
• Research and pitch unique guests and ideas on a daily basis
• Conduct pre-interviews and assist in shoot set-ups
• Develop contacts for long-term booking opportunities
• College degree or equivalent experience
• 4+ years editorial and digital news environment experience
• Knowledge of current events and key players, a must
• Passion for topical news and key issues of the moment
• Excellent writing, research and organizational skills
• Strong communication skills, excellent teamwork, and interpersonal skills
• Understanding of diverse video formats, from live programming to storytelling
• Quick thinker who thrives under pressure
• Creative and unafraid to share new ideas and initiatives
• Proven experience collaborating under pressure with diverse staff and on-air talent
• Must be agile and adaptable in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment
• Must be able to work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.