Editorial Operations Manager, CNN Underscored
CNNNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Location: New York, New York, United States of America
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
Your New Role…
The Editorial Operations Manager is responsible for administering the daily operations of CNN Underscored, CNN's Reviews and Recommendations section. Duties include working closely with the Underscored Managing Editor and Director, Editorial to manage the editorial calendar, ensuring editorial deadlines are set and met, evolving and streamlining editorial meetings structure, and supporting efforts to align the content lineup with the overall Commerce content strategy. Other tasks include working with SEO to optimize Underscored's content update process, scheduling and organizing editorial meetings, and evolving and streamlining workflows involved in daily content production.
The ideal candidate is extremely organized and loves digital workflow management tools, but also has keen editorial instincts that will help Underscored sharpen its execution and develop new editorial initiatives and efforts.
Your Role Accountabilities…
• Manage the Underscored editorial calendar, keeping it accurate and up-to-date
• Work closely with the Underscored Director, Editorial and Managing Editor to ensure our content lineup is optimized to meet brand, revenue and audience goals across programming channels (desktop, mobile, app, email, syndication partners) and traffic sources (social, CNN homepage, push notifications, search, etc.)
• Work closely with the Underscored Photo, Programming and Email Newsletter editors to track metrics and analytics and stay on top of readers' interests
• Play a key role in our digital research efforts aimed at optimizing content production and promotion
• Keep the editorial team looking ahead to upcoming editorial packages and brand tentpoles and work with the Director, Editorial to develop a plan of action to execute on them
• Pitch and help monitor progress on new editorial initiatives and franchises
• At least 3 years of at a major publisher managing an editorial calendar across multiple verticals
• Extraordinary organizational skills
• Understanding of SEO, social media, email, video and editorial best practices
• Organized, highly collaborative and a great communicator
• The ability to break down potentially complex topics into an easily digestible format
• Flawless grammar & spelling
• Must be proficient in MS Office Suite, and comfortable using digital workflow software and content management systems
• Strong creative and writing skills are required for this position.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. Actual salaries will vary based on several factors, including but not limited to external market data, internal equity, location, skill set, experience, and/or performance. Base pay is just one component of Warner Bros. Discovery's total compensation package for employees. Pay Range: $94,220.00 - $174,980.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and sick time and vacation.
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.
$94,220.00 - 174,980.00 per year