Editorial Coordinator, CNN Underscored
CNNNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Location: New York, New York, United States of America
Every great story has a new beginning. We're excited to announce that Discovery and WarnerMedia have combined to become Warner Bros. Discovery. WBD is a premier global media and entertainment company offering audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, sports, news, streaming and gaming. We're home to the world's best storytellers, creating world-class products for consumers. From brilliant creatives to technology trailblazers and beyond, join us as we step into the next chapter.
The Editorial Coordinator will support the editorial efforts for CNN Digital's reviews and recommendations site, CNN Underscored.
This role is responsible for programming content into the CMS, sourcing and editing photos, and maintaining consistency in article formatting. The Editorial Coordinator will work closely with the Deputy Editor and the product team to execute strategies for creating and updating content on CNN platforms.
• Program content from staffers and freelancers into the CMS, building five stories per day
• Source, edit, size and upload images for each article
• Implement formatting best practices to ensure consistency throughout the site
• Communicate with the SEO team to ensure our stories comply with SEO guidance
• Support the product and design team to help iterate our article templates
• Optimize article content, such as replacing products in content that are out of stock, ensuring that all links are tracking properly and that product listings are accurate and up to date
• Internship experience or more in journalism, publishing or communications, preferably in an editorial capacity.
• Experience creating content/assets for a blog, website or newspaper.
• Experience with buying guides and/or product reviews is a plus.
• Excels at short-term assignments that often require the application of independent judgment.
• Must be proficient in MS Office Suite, Google Docs and comfortable using content management systems.
• Experience with affiliate programs and link-building tools a plus
• Previous experience using tools such as Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
• Work is subject to supervisory review at regular intervals.
• Operates within the context of defined procedures.
• Undergraduate degree preferred.
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles that will be performed in New York City. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Warner Bros. Discovery's total compensation package for employees. Pay Range: $51,106.00 - $94,910.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.