Editor, The Row
This was removed by the employer on 6/2/2023 9:04:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Editor, The Row jobs in Atlanta-GA
Search all Editor, The Row postings
Full Time Job
Editor, The Row (Temporary)
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
Your New Role...
• We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
• See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram at http://bit.ly/CNNCareersInstagram , Twitter at http://bit.ly/CNNCareersTwitter and Facebook at http://bit.ly/CNNCareersFacebook .
• Editors on The Row are responsible for editorial oversight of CNN's reporting. This is a position of considerable editorial responsibility, supporting all of CNN's linear and digital platforms.
Your Role Accountabilities...
• You will be on the front line of CNN's editorial quality control. Newsgroup-wide script and story approval, including but not limited to TV packages, investigative pieces, documentaries, digital writes and videos.
• Work with reporters, editors, producers and writers to ensure reporting meets high standards of story-telling, clarity, accuracy, quality, fairness, and balance, while avoiding problems of libel, defamation, and use infringement.
• Work with CNN bureaus, the International Desk, National Content Center and Affiliate Content Center to clear reportable information for all platforms. Row editorial liaison with Legal & Standards.
• Minimum 5 years journalism experience. At least one-year reporting/field producing/copy editing experience A full understanding of ethics in journalism, libel, fair use and other legal issues. Bachelor's degree.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.