Editor / Producer, Image Sound - CNN
This was removed by the employer on 12/14/2023 6:37:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Post Production Category
Search for Editor / Producer, Image Sound - CNN jobs in Atlanta-GA
Search all Editor / Producer, Image Sound - CNN postings
Full Time Job
The Creative Services Editor/Producer position focuses on craft editing, specifically in the creation of daily content for live news programming. The position will provide editing support across all CNN platforms. Assignments include graphic creation for show opens and packages, various forms of content for special programming, as well as traditional news elements. The role incorporates a visually compelling approach to editing and producing while adhering to defined editorial and journalistic standards.
The role fulfills core responsibilities by utilizing demonstrable technical, editorial, and creative expertise in editing, producing, design and compositing skills, and visual effects. The position requires proficiency in After Effects, graphic creation skills, color correction, and basic audio sweetening. Assignments require completion under news production deadlines for a 24/7 news organization and require flexibility with work schedule/hours.
Your Role Accountabilities...
• Editing for news production.
• Creating complex and creative graphics under deadline.
• Crafts stylized program components including show opens, elements and teases.
• Edits documentary and other long form content.
• Collaborates on scripting, story development, producing and fact-checking.
• Produces and creates visual elements utilizing both video and graphics.
• Distinctive storytelling.
• Accurately completing metadata requirements.
• Collaborate with partners and peers on production planning with responsibilities such as attending show meetings, contributing to story generation, script enhancements and video research.
• Continuous skill development on existing production platforms and training to obtain proficiency in the use of emerging technology.
• Bachelor's degree in journalism, technical production, English, political science, history or relevant professional work experience.
• Established working experience in a professional news or sports environment.
• Proficiency in After Effects, graphic creation skills, color correction, and basic audio sweetening.
• Demonstratable technical and creative expertise in editing and producing, including but not limited to the Adobe Creative Suite with an emphasis on After Effects and visual effects plug-ins such as Sapphire, Boris, Red Giant, and others.
• Thorough understanding of video production workflow, and proficiency in file-based production environments.
• Proven editorial judgment and knowledge of editorial functions such as story pitching, field production, shot selection, scripting, as well as managing and adapting to the continually developing technologies driving the industry.
• Ability to work and adapt in a fast paced rapidly changing environment.
• How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate and you require adjustments or accommodations to search for a job opening or apply for a position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.