Editor / Producer, Creative Services
This was removed by the employer on 9/6/2022 9:06:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Editor / Producer, Creative Services jobs in Washington-DC
Search all Editor / Producer, Creative Services postings
Full Time Job
Location: Washington, District of Columbia, United States of America
Every great story has a new beginning. We're excited to announce that Discovery and WarnerMedia have combined to become Warner Bros. Discovery. WBD is a premier global media and entertainment company offering audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, sports, news, streaming and gaming. We're home to the world's best storytellers, creating world-class products for consumers. From brilliant creatives to technology trailblazers and beyond, join us as we step into the next chapter.
The Creative Services Editor/Producer, CNN Image + Sound position focuses on craft editing, specifically in the creation of daily content for next-generation products with an eye towards identifying direct-to-consumer, paid experiences. The position will provide editing support across all CNN platforms. Assignments include graphic creation for show opens and packages, various forms of content for special programming, as well as traditional news elements. The Creative Services Editor/Producer incorporates a visually compelling approach to editing and producing while adhering to defined editorial and journalistic standards. The position requires proficiency in After Effects, graphic creation skills, color correction, and basic audio sweetening.
• News production editing
• Complex and creative graphic creation
• Stylized program elements (show opens, elements and teases)
• Documentary and other long form editing
• Partner collaboration on scripting, story development, producing and fact-checking
• Producing and creating visual elements (video and graphical)
• Distinctive storytelling
• Metadata requirements
The Creative Services Editor/Producer fulfills these responsibilities by utilizing demonstrable technical, editorial, and creative expertise in editing, producing, design and compositing skills, and visual effects. Assignments will be completed under news production deadlines, requiring flexibility with schedule/working hours.
• Established working experience in a professional news or sports environment.
• Demonstrated technical and creative expertise in editing and producing, including but not limited to the Adobe Creative Suite with an emphasis on After Effects and visual effects plug-ins such as Sapphire, Boris, Red Giant, and others.
• Must have thorough understanding of video production workflow, and proficiency in file-based production environments.
• Proven editorial judgment and knowledge of editorial functions such as story pitching, field production, shot selection, scripting, as well as managing and adapting to the continually developing technologies driving the industry.
• Expected to continue skill development on existing production platforms and training in the proficient use of emerging technology.
• Collaborative with partners and peers on production projects and responsibilities such as attending show meetings, contributing to story generation, script enhancements and video research.
• Must be agile and adaptable in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
• Bachelor's degree in journalism, technical production, English, political science, history or relevant professional work experience.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.