Editor / Producer, CNN
CNNNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 12/1/2021 5:20:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Editor / Producer, CNN jobs in New York-NY
Search all Editor / Producer, CNN postings
Full Time Job
Location: New York, New York, United States of America
WarnerMedia is a powerful portfolio of iconic entertainment, news, and sports brands. We bring people, technology, and the world's best storytellers together to drive culture and meaningful connection. We believe the enduring power of stories can open our eyes to the world, to each other, and to new and different perspectives.
CNN invented cable news in 1980, defined online news in 1995 and is now taking the next step in expanding what news can be by launching CNN+. With an unrivaled global reach, storytelling, and world class talent, we are building CNN+, a streaming product that will grow the reach and scope of the CNN brand in a way that no one else is doing.
We are journalists, designers and technologists, all united by a powerful mission to inform, engage and empower the world. Join the most trusted and recognized name in news as we build our next chapter.
Join us. Shape your story here.
WarnerMedia seeks an Editor/Producer for the Creative Services- NY Editing department. The Creative Services Editor/Producer position focuses on craft editing, specifically in the creation of daily content for next-generation products with an eye towards identifying direct-to-consumer, paid experiences. The position will provide editing support across all CNN platforms. Assignments include graphic creation for show opens and packages, various forms of content for special programming, as well as traditional news elements. The Creative Services Editor/Producer incorporates a visually compelling approach to editing and producing while adhering to defined editorial and journalistic standards. The position requires proficiency in After Effects, graphic creation skills, color correction, and basic audio sweetening.
• News production editing
• Complex and creative graphic creation
• Stylized program elements (show opens, elements and teases)
• Documentary and other long form editing
• Partner collaboration on scripting, story development, producing and fact-checking.
• Producing and creating visual elements (video and graphical)
• Distinctive storytelling
• Metadata requirements
The Creative Services Editor/Producer fulfills these responsibilities by utilizing demonstrable technical, editorial, and creative expertise in editing, producing, design and compositing skills, and visual effects. Assignments will be completed under news production deadlines, requiring flexibility with schedule/working hours.
• Established working experience in a professional news or sports environment.
• Demonstrated technical and creative expertise in editing and producing, including but not limited to the Adobe Creative Suite with an emphasis on After Effects and visual effects plug-ins such as Sapphire, Boris, Red Giant, and others.
• Must have thorough understanding of video production workflow, and proficiency in file-based production environments.
• Proven editorial judgment and knowledge of editorial functions such as story pitching, field production, shot selection, scripting, as well as managing and adapting to the continually developing technologies driving the industry.
• Expected to continue skill development on existing production platforms and training in the proficient use of emerging technology.
• Collaborative with partners and peers on production projects and responsibilities such as attending show meetings, contributing to story generation, script enhancements and video research.
• Must be agile and adaptable in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
• Bachelor's degree in journalism, technical production, English, political science, history or relevant professional work experience.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.