Editor, Home, CNN Underscored
CNNNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 8/16/2023 7:06:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Editor, Home, CNN Underscored jobs in New York-NY
Search all Editor, Home, CNN Underscored postings
Full Time Job
Location: New York, New York, United States of America
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN. See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. Your New Role… We are looking for an experienced consumer products editor to focus on the creation of a broad range of lifestyle content for CNN's reviews and recommendations site, CNN Underscored. Tasked with assigning, editing and occasionally writing articles, the Editor, Home, will focus on coverage across a wide range of categories, taking the form of roundups and gift guides, how-to explainers, alongside one-off and comparative reviews. Broad product knowledge, hands-on product review experience and reportorial chops are important. The Editor should be a generalist rather than specific to any single product category, but specific knowledge about the gifting and home verticals is a bonus. The editor will work with both SEO and data teams to continue to build upon previous successes in order to expand our coverage and reach, with dedicated focus to updating and refreshing evergreen content. The right candidate will be able to quickly adapt to the CNN Underscored voice and audience but is also encouraged to test creative new angles on consumer product and service coverage and help us continue to expand our coverage. Your Role Accountabilities…
• Keep abreast of the consumer product landscape, working with editors and analytics staff to build content that addresses reader interest based on an understanding of search and key consumer trends.
• Assign, edit, and occasionally write articles, focusing especially on home and gifting coverage that will take the form of roundups and gift guides, how-to explainers, and reviews
• Thoroughly and creatively research, curate, write, and edit lifestyle content
• Work alongside the editorial team to identify new coverage opportunities to help further differentiate CNN Underscored's home and gifting coverage across all product verticals
• Revisit, update and optimize existing content to keep abreast with changes in key consumer trends and analytical insights. Qualifications
• 3-4 years experience writing reviews for a major consumer publication
• Deep knowledge of the latest consumer products and news, ideally in the context of sales and deals.
• Excels at short, medium, and long-term assignments that often require the application of independent judgment
• Work is subject to supervisory review at regular intervals
• Operates within the context of defined procedures
• Should have significant experience in reporting; able to identify and contact sources, research unfamiliar categories, and identify and gather the most relevant information as required to build impactful stories.
• Should have an interest in ecommerce and an understanding of SEO principles and techniques.
• Must have the ability to break down potentially complex topics into an easily digestible format
• Flawless grammar & spelling
• Must be proficient in Google Docs, and comfortable using content management systems
• Strong creative and writing skills are required for this position. Must be detail-oriented, organized and have strong communication skills. How We Get Things Done… This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview. The Legal Bits…
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. $77,840.00 - $144,560.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO). Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law. If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.