CNNSan Francisco, CA
This was removed by the employer on 12/23/2022 3:03:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Editor, Evenings jobs in San Francisco-CA
Search all Editor, Evenings postings
Full Time Job
Location: San Francisco, California, United States of America
Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here.
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery… the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are…
When we say, ''the stuff dreams are made of,'' we're not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD's vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what's next…
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
CNN Digital is the most powerful news brand on the internet, reaching millions of people across platforms and around the world every day.?We are journalists, designers and technologists, all united by a powerful mission to inform, engage and empower the world. Join the most trusted and recognized name in news and be a part of a dynamic global team of smart, collaborative and thoughtful journalists doing essential work at a critical time.
See what it's like to work at CNN!??Follow us on? Instagram ,?? Twitter ??and? Facebook .
Your New Role...
This editor is a best-in-class shaper and sharpener of stories and ideas. This is a role for a seasoned editor who has a nose for domestic news and a knack for helping writers elevate their work from good to great. The ideal candidate thrives on the breakneck pace of deadline journalism and has top-notch news judgment. This person is a strong collaborator who can help shape CNN Digital's domestic report and work across teams to occasionally oversee daily coverage.
Your Role Accountabilities...
• You'll edit breaking news and features from writers on the National desk as well as other writers, producers, reporters and correspondents across CNN.
• You'll edit in formats that go beyond the traditional article - including visual projects; explanatory work that helps audiences understand the news; and real-time breaking news posts.
• You'll edit work that is published and shared across CNN's mobile and desktop sites, apps, social accounts and other platforms.
• You'll shape story ideas and angles around complex topics. When a big story breaks, editors are often the point person to launch the first URL, keeping us sharp and fast on breaking news.
• You'll serve as a second set of eyes on alerts or on key pieces that need a good comb-through and/or creative punch.
• You'll serve as a partner to writers in identifying distinctive angles on top stories, and in helping to make good stories great.
• You'll work with a wide range of copy from a wide range of writers.
• CNN editors must be excellent communicators and diplomats. They are excellent providers of feedback who help elevate CNN's storytelling across a wide range of digital platforms.
• A critical component of the job will be assisting with the live stories that are an essential part of our breaking news coverage.
• And last but never least: Editors are often the final step before a story goes to CNN's programming team to get distributed to millions of people worldwide; all news editors work intently to make sure our stories are accurate and fair so that we continue to grow the trust between CNN and our audiences.
• Willingness to work late nights: This role covers overnight hours on the East Coast (late nights in Los Angeles), with a schedule that may include Saturdays and Sundays.
• At least 4 or more years of digital editorial experience.
• Experience editing fast-moving breaking news.
• Experience helping writers frame their stories for a national audience.
• Experience curating stories and other content for a digital audience.
• A clear understanding of style and grammar.
• College degree or equivalent.
• WarnerMedia requires anyone working in our workplaces in the U.S. to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions to this vaccine requirement are available to those entitled to reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.