Digital News Operations Trainer
Full Time Job
Location: United States - Georgia - Atlanta
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
This is our storyWe are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
WarnerMedia seeks a Digital News Operations Trainer for the CNN Tech Training department.
• The Digital Trainer equips CNN storytellers worldwide to Go There.
• We are seeking a trainer focused on our Digital newsgathering and operations clients.
• The position will design, build and deliver training internally.
• This position is also responsible for providing training and support to CNN's newsgathering and technical operations.
• The Digital Trainer will embed within CNN Digital to develop, build and deliver training on tools used to create and publish Digital content, plus other relevant training.
• S/he will deliver engaging in-person, instructor-led trainings in a classroom setting, as well as more informal one-on-one trainings virtually, in the classroom or in the field.
• The Digital Trainer will develop dynamic, timely content and training videos for internal use, keep our content up to date and create evergreen digital content where and when appropriate.
• S/he will participate in research and development, user testing and troubleshooting of various CNN systems.
• The Digital Trainer should think outside of the box about learning and learning tools.
• S/he will learn and teach multiple applications at one time.
• The Trainer will manage multiple assignments simultaneously within specific deadlines, both under direction and autonomously.
• S/he will take ownership over projects from inception to dissemination and should be detail-oriented with the ability to scale and move quickly to drive results/action.
• The Digital Trainer will keep curriculum and content fresh and relevant for CNN.
• Bachelor's degree or appropriate experience within the Learning & Development industry
• Prior experience desired:
• Teaching or training
• Authoring curriculum
• Online Tutorial authoring tools and/or video content creation
• Workflow documentation
• Web development experience; HTML, CSS preferred
• Working in an application, technology, and/or digital-based environment
• Hands-on experience in a broadcast and/or news environment is a plus
• Technical aptitude with software platforms and web technologies
• Familiarity with CMS (content management systems), Adobe Photoshop, Premiere and Analytics, and/or quantifiable fluency in multiple new or emerging systems
• Strong project management ability
• Rock star level presentation skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Fluency in multiple languages is a plus
• High emotional intelligence is a must
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.