Desk Assistant, Bureau
CNNNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 10/17/2023 3:04:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Search for Desk Assistant, Bureau jobs in New York-NY
Search all Desk Assistant, Bureau postings
Full Time Job
Location: New York, New York, United States of America
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
Desk Assistant Job Description
CNN is looking for a The Desk Assistant who will be an integral part of the newsroom and the assignment desk. In this role, the desk assistant is responsible for newsgathering for all CNN platforms including television and digital. There is a strong emphasis on writing and collaboration.
Clear, concise dissemination of information is a necessity. Candidate should have experience conducting interviews as well as writing. There are opportunities to write stories for CNN.com and some field work may be included in this position.
In this position, you should contribute daily story pitch ideas and be proficient with detailed notes and organization. It is critical that the candidate be able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment where accuracy is paramount.
Your New Role…
• The selected candidate will work with the Bureau management to ensure the newsroom is aware of and covering the day's top news stories.?
Your Role Accountabilities…
• Working with Bureau management to ensure the newsroom is aware of and covering the day's top news stories.?
• Reaching out through calls and emails for information to support breaking news and on-going news stories.
• Monitoring a variety of sources, including social media, wires, and local news, and evaluating newsworthiness.
• Assist CNN linear shows with building graphics for air
• Conducting research at the direction of producers and Desk management, which may include identifying video or digital stories.
• Supporting Desk management in efforts to ensure staff and reporters are available for live shots and coverage of live events.? .
• 1+ year experience in news environment and previous newsroom experience.
• Strong general news judgment and editorial skills.
• Ability to multi-task, work quickly to meet tight deadlines, and make fast decisions.
• Experience building graphics for television preferred
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Punctual and reliable.
• Candidate should be computer literate and have a working knowledge of social media.
• BA/BS preferred
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. Actual salaries will vary based on several factors, including but not limited to external market data, internal equity, location, skillset, experience, and/or performance. Base pay is just one component of Warner Bros. Discovery's total compensation package for employees. Pay Range: $37,856.00 - $70,304.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.