Business News Producer
CNNNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 10/13/2022 1:05:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Business News Producer jobs in New York-NY
Search all Business News Producer postings
Full Time Job
Location: New York, New York, United States of America
Every great story has a new beginning. We're excited to announce that Discovery and WarnerMedia have combined to become Warner Bros. Discovery. WBD is a premier global media and entertainment company offering audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, sports, news, streaming and gaming. We're home to the world's best storytellers, creating world-class products for consumers. From brilliant creatives to technology trailblazers and beyond, join us as we step into the next chapter.
The Business News Producer in NY will be a key part of the business team in New York, supporting and producing the NY-based correspondent live shots for both CNN International and CNNUSA. They will create compelling elements and provide editorial research and support to our correspondent and the wider business reporting teams. This person will also work closely with our NY-based correspondent and show producers to conceptualize, launch, and execute high-quality business content on CNN International to enhance our programs First Move and Quest Means Business, in addition to servicing wider network reporting.
- Plan content and newsgathering stories for the CNN International business unit, -- Liaise closely with colleagues across Digital Business and CNNUS business reporting
- Help the CNN International business news desk confirm editorial lines
- Send news alerts when warranted on news making lines or guests
- Work in partnership with the London-based business editor, sometimes backfilling on leading the planning for the business unit and running the meetings relevant to that task.
- Relevant bachelor's degree
- Minimum of three years of experience in network television or major-market news production
- Ability to identify, propose and execute strong and creative coverage around key financial or economic news.
- A background in business news is preferred, with strong writing and communication skills
- Experience in working with data and graphics is also desirable.
- Highly-organized, meticulous, and team-oriented, capable of meeting deadlines and functioning calmly in a high-pressure situation including breaking news
This position is required to work in person in NY. WarnerMedia requires anyone working in our workplaces in the U.S. to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions to this vaccine requirement are available to those entitled to reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons.
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.