Business Assignment Editor
This was removed by the employer on 12/12/2023 10:39:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Business Assignment Editor jobs in London-UK
Search all Business Assignment Editor postings
Full Time Job
Location: London, United Kingdom
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
Your New Role...
As a Business Assignment Editor you will work under the guidance of the Business Executive Producer on CNN's business newsgathering needs on all things international; for CNN that's everything outside the USA. The Assignment Editor deals with story development and editorial coverage, works closely with business correspondents and anchors on newsgathering and responds to breaking news in the region. You may also act as a field producer on business stories, producing packages and handling live events, predominantly in London.
Your Role Accountabilities...
• To be the 'hands on' person responsible for business newsgathering for CNN International. You will co-ordinate closely with business news programming, digital and the wider CNN newsdesk to handle business news coverage. You will need to constantly ensure accurate and up-to-date editorial is communicated to CNN teams.
• You will work closely with CNN's business correspondents and anchors on liveshots, packages and interviews. This role involves occasional travel and field work as news needs dictate.
• You will deal with the unexpected – breaking news. Responding at a moment's notice to get editorial information for air; verifying its accuracy, while simultaneously editing content, such as live pictures and interviews.
• You will provide essential coordination and logistical decisions for coverage and programming priorities, and ensuring coverage operates within budget.
• Field safety and the well being of the teams on assignment are a vital part of the Business Editor's responsibilities.
• You will facilitate clear guidance and feedback to the field (Correspondents, Field Producers, Technical Crews). Knowledge of Company policies and practices and their effective application are part of the responsibilities of the Assignment Editor and ensuring that risk assessment procedures are followed.
• Additionally, you will provide editorial guidance to the CNN networks and websites on business matters.
• Demonstrated experience from a newsgathering or production environment
• Knowledge of TV news logistics, technical requirements
• Exceptional interest in business news
• Great communication and organisational skills.
• Knowledge of additional languages is desirable, but not essential
• Some prior field experience gained within the UK or internationally would also be beneficial
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, disability or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.