Bureau Assignment Editor I
This was removed by the employer on 2/5/2024 2:37:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Bureau Assignment Editor I jobs in Washington-DC
Search all Bureau Assignment Editor I postings
Full Time Job
Bureau Assignment Editor I (Project)
Location: Washington, District of Columbia, United States of America
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
Your New Role...
CNN is looking for an Assignment Editor to join the DC Assignment Desk.
Your New Role Accountabilities...
• Works with Bureau management to ensure that the Bureau is covering the day's news stories and manages resources to make it happen effectively.
• Monitor a variety of sources, including social media, wires and local news, and evaluate newsworthiness. Assign reporters, producers and crews to cover news stories.
• Ensure that stories make deadline/airtime making certain that reporters/producers are aware of and have all available elements. Handle live producing of reporter liveshots and events in DC.
• Research and write stories for the CNN.com . Monitor Bureau costs and keep tracking systems information updated with regards to using crews and editors. Work with show staffs and reporters on live shots and coverage of live events. Pitch stories for various CNN networks and platforms.
This is a project-based position through January 31, 2025 ?
• Three to five years' experience in news environment and previous newsroom experience.
• Strong general news judgment and editorial skills. Interest in politics.
• Understanding of CNN newsgathering.
• Strong logistical ability.
• Should have the ability to multi-task and make fast decisions.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Candidate should be computer literate (knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint , iNews, Mediasource , Showmangr a plus) and have a working knowledge of social media.
• The Washington, DC Bureau assignment desk is staffed 24 hours a day/365 days a year. An availability to work a flexible schedule is a must.
• Candidates should be prepared to work various shifts including overnights and weekends.
• BA/BS preferred
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate and you require adjustments or accommodations to search for a job opening or apply for a position, please contact us at email@example.com.