Broadcast and IT Support Engineer
CNNNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Broadcast and IT Support Engineer (CNN )
Location: New York, New York, United States of America
WarnerMedia is a powerful portfolio of iconic entertainment, news, and sports brands. We bring people, technology, and the world's best storytellers together to drive culture and meaningful connection. We believe the enduring power of stories can open our eyes to the world, to each other, and to new and different perspectives.
CNN invented cable news in 1980, defined online news in 1995 and is now taking the next step in expanding what news can be by launching CNN+. With an unrivaled global reach, storytelling, and world class talent, we are building CNN+, a streaming product that will grow the reach and scope of the CNN brand in a way that no one else is doing.
We are journalists, designers and technologists, all united by a powerful mission to inform, engage and empower the world. Join the most trusted and recognized name in news as we build our next chapter.
Join us. Shape your story here.
WarnerMedia is seeking a Broadcast & IT Support Engineer for CNN in New York!
• The Broadcast & IT Support Engineer requires a wide range of technical skills necessary to perform maintenance, installation, board and/or some component level repair of broadcast and IT equipment in both studio and outside broadcast facilities in a fast-paced production environment.
• In-house production support of live and recorded programming requires a thorough systems knowledge of broadcast IT infrastructure which includes:
• Technical spaces (control rooms, studios, terminal gear/equipment/central apparatus/distribution riser rooms and data centers) and
• Associated production systems (A/V routing, signal processing, cameras, switchers, audio mixers, intercom, encoders/encoding, feeds/edit systems, master control, automation and transmission systems. Knowledge of Cloud Computing & Virtual Private Cloud is a plus.)
• A strong baseline IT and data networking knowledge is also necessary to work in an increasingly IP and IT centric broadcast/multimedia infrastructure. A thorough understanding of SMPTE 2110 is necessary.
• Collaboration with team members, clients and other support groups is required to troubleshoot and resolve issues with broadcast/multimedia systems and computers in our production environments.
• This position will primarily provide facility-based support. However, there may be occasions requiring support of outside productions/events or to provide technical support to upgrade outside broadcast facilities. Any maintenance of Electronic Newsgathering (ENG) crew gear will be a shared responsibility with the field engineering team.
• WarnerMedia Production Technology teams operate within an ITSM Service Management framework, supported by common processes around planning and managing changes. Adherence to our standard ITSM processes to minimize impact and deliver value to our customers is required. This includes documenting issues/requests and escalating as needed for problem management and resolution via our in-house service management system(s).
• A willingness to perform varied tasks, adapt to changing priorities, and the ability to solve complex technical problems independently are essential to be successful in this position. We expect our BIT engineers to build good relationships amongst our client base and to provide excellent customer service. Good communication skills (verbal, written) are required.
• Shift work on a rotating schedule is mandatory to meet the needs of our customers.
• Typically four or more years of experience in television, multimedia content, IT client service or broadcast maintenance capacity, with a demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and repair broadcast and computer equipment at the board level.
• Demonstrated experience with television or multimedia production workflows.
• Demonstrated familiarity with basic server, networking topology and operating systems (e.g., Windows, Unix, etc.)
• Ability to work all shifts associated with 24x7x365 production environments.
• Capable of lifting 50 lbs. and climbing ladders for equipment and cable installation assignments.
• Must be willing to be on call for coverage of critical technical systems.
• Desirable Requirements:
• Willingness to learn WarnerMedia proprietary equipment and applications.
• Manufacturer-provided broadcast training from companies such as Sony, RTS, Evertz, etc.
• Microsoft network certification.
• Software programming skills (HTML, V.B., C++, scripting, etc) and Autocad.
• MS Office Suite.
• Visio experience.
• Familiarity with ITSM Service Management processes.
• Required Education: 2 or 4 year technical degree, preferably electronics or computer engineering (or equivalent education/experience/training).
• Demonstrated knowledge of computer desktop hardware/applications and data networking.
This position is required to work in person at one of our locations in the United States. WarnerMedia requires anyone working in our workplaces in the U.S. to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions to this vaccine requirement are available to those entitled to reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.