Associate Writer, Testing, CNN Underscored
CNNNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 1/15/2024 2:37:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Associate Writer, Testing, CNN Underscored jobs in New York-NY
Search all Associate Writer, Testing, CNN Underscored postings
Full Time Job
Location: New York, New York, United States of America
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
Your New Role…
This role focuses on the creation of best-of product review coverage for CNN's reviews and recommendations site, CNN Underscored.
Tasked with finding, testing, and writing about the best products to help our readers find the things they need, the Associate Writer, Testing will research consumer products and services across a wide range of categories, quickly build expertise, thoroughly test products and write informative, concise best-of reviews. The Associate Writer is expected to focus on lifestyle, kitchen, home, garden and appliances to start, but broad knowledge and reportorial curiosity is required as our coverage is evolving.
This position works with the Product Testing editorial team to research and develop coverage of product categories, assemble lists of the most relevant products to test, communicate with manufacturers and press relations agencies to obtain products, build and execute creative, thorough, realistic test plans, capture video, take photographs and write copy to build the best best-of reviews for CNN Underscored and CNN.com readers.
You will develop content that fits with the CNN Underscored audience but are encouraged to test creative new angles on consumer product and service coverage and continue to expand the product testing program.
Your Role Accountabilities…
• Keep abreast of the consumer product landscape, working with editors and analytics staff to build content that addresses reader interest based on an understanding of search and key consumer trends.
• Thoroughly and creatively research, curate, test, write, edit and produce best-of review content, including video and photography as needed.
• Revisit, update and optimize existing content to keep abreast with new product releases, changes in key consumer trends, and analytical insights.
• Deep knowledge of the latest consumer products and news, especially in the lifestyle, kitchen, home, and appliance spaces.
• Excels at short, medium, and long-term assignments that often require the application of independent judgment
• Work is subject to supervisory review at regular intervals
• Operates within the context of defined procedures
• 1-2 years of experience in hands-on reviewing of consumer products, ideally in the context of head-to-head comparative reviewing and best-of recommendations.
• Should have experience in reporting; able to identify and contact sources, research unfamiliar categories, and identify and gather the most relevant information as required to build impactful stories.
• Should have an interest in ecommerce and an understanding of SEO principles and techniques.
• Previous experience with photography and videography, and the use of photo and video editing tools is a plus
• Must have the ability to break down potentially complex topics into an easily digestible format
• Flawless grammar & spelling
• Must be proficient in Google Docs, and comfortable using content management systems
• Strong creative and writing skills are required for this position. Must be detail-oriented, organized and have strong communication skills.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. Actual salaries will vary based on several factors, including but not limited to external market data, internal equity, location, skill set, experience, and/or performance. Base pay is just one component of Warner Bros. Discovery's total compensation package for employees. Pay Range: $55,998.00 - $103,996.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and sick time and vacation.
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.