Associate Writer, Late Nights, CNN Digital
CNNLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 1/2/2024 8:37:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Search for Associate Writer, Late Nights, CNN Digital jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Associate Writer, Late Nights, CNN Digital postings
Full Time Job
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America
Your New Role…
CNN Digital is the most powerful news brand on the internet, reaching millions of people across platforms and around the world every day. We are journalists, designers and technologists, all united by a powerful mission to inform, engage and empower the world. Join the most trusted and recognized name in news and be a part of a dynamic global team of smart, collaborative and thoughtful journalists doing essential work at a critical time.
This is a role for a news junkie who wants to be at the center of the biggest domestic stories of the day and thrives on the pace of deadline journalism. The ideal candidate is a strong writer and collaborator with top-notch news judgment and the ability to frame stories for a national audience. You will cover breaking news in real time as a part of CNN Digital's National desk. We're light, agile and obsessed with producing strong, accurate and timely journalism.
Your Role Accountabilities…
• When a big domestic story breaks, you'll take the lead in starting and updating coverage for CNN's digital platforms.
• You'll also update stories that evolve across shifts and start new articles to carry CNN's rolling coverage into the second day - and beyond.
• You'll work closely with newsgathering desks and digital editors to keep us sharp and fast on breaking news.
• A critical component of the job will be assisting with the live stories that are an essential part of our breaking news coverage.
• You must care deeply about accuracy, urgency and integrity and in maintaining and growing the trust CNN has with audiences worldwide.
• CNN's writers are skillful and swift. They turn in clean, crisp copy on the first draft.
• This person must be skilled at finding ways to cover the news of the day in distinctive ways that resonate with audiences.
• Willingness to work very late nights on the West Coast. This is an overnight role, with a schedule that will include Saturdays or Sundays.
• At least 3 years of digital storytelling experience.
• Experience covering fast-moving breaking news.
• Ability to frame stories for a national audience.
• Your great ideas: A newsroom is only as strong as the stories its journalists find and pitch. We want your absolute best.
• College degree or equivalent.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. Actual salaries will vary based on several factors, including but not limited to external market data, internal equity, location, skill set, experience, and/or performance. Base pay is just one component of Warner Bros. Discovery's total compensation package for employees. Pay Range: $50,610.00 - $93,990.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and sick time and vacation.
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.