This was removed by the employer on 5/8/2023 7:07:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Associate Producer jobs in Washington-DC
Search all Associate Producer postings
Full Time Job
Associate Producer, The Situation Room With Wolf Blitzer
Location: Washington, District of Columbia, United States of America
Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here.
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery… the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are…
When we say, ''the stuff dreams are made of,'' we're not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD's vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what's next…
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
Your New Role..
The Associate Producer role is a critical editorial position for The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer. The Associate Producer is responsible for identifying, researching, and locating video clips and producing graphics for the two-hour, live program. Candidates must have strong editorial judgment and be well versed in, and familiar with, issues related to national politics, foreign policy and national security. Working in a team environment, but with autonomy, the AP chooses the strongest video elements and soundbites and edits them quickly and in a way that effectively communicates stories in the news.
Your Role Accountabilities...
The selected candidate will be responsible for updating a rundown, producing natural sound packages, tracking source and metadata for video and creating graphics. The Associate Producer is expected to be familiar with the major news of the day and willing to pitch ideas for stories or guest segments. From time-to-time, the AP may be asked to help producers research and produce live guest segments or work in the control room. The AP works closely with the rights and clearances department, CNN's affiliate and assignment desks and legal department to ensure video is used legally and accurately.
Your Qualifications & Experience...
• A bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience.
• Minimum of three years of experience in network television or major-market news production. Newsroom & live control room experience preferred.
• The ability to accept change, remain flexible and handle multiple tasks simultaneously are keys to success in the position, as is the ability to ask for help when needed.
• Candidates need experience using editing software and must have an eye for identifying and selecting the strongest video elements.
• Knowledge of and familiarity with social media, as well as the ability to identify strong video and photo elements on social media during breaking news, is important.
• Candidates must be team-oriented, able to take direction from producers and control room personnel, capable of meeting deadlines and able to function calmly and effectively in high-pressure, breaking news situations.
• Candidates must be computer literate and have strong Internet research skills.
• Candidates must be able to work in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment, including in a live control room.
• Candidates must be able to regularly work an extended schedule and should expect to work on some holidays, as well as during weekends and evenings during mid-term and presidential elections.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.