CNNNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Associate Producer (Temporary)
Location: New York, New York, United States of America
Every great story has a new beginning. We're excited to announce that Discovery and WarnerMedia have combined to become Warner Bros. Discovery. WBD is a premier global media and entertainment company offering audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, sports, news, streaming and gaming. We're home to the world's best storytellers, creating world-class products for consumers. From brilliant creatives to technology trailblazers and beyond, join us as we step into the next chapter.
Associate Producer - Fareed Zakaria GPS
The Associate Producer for Fareed Zakaria GPS works closely with show producers to find best video and elements for segments and packages within CNN systems and elsewhere. The Associate Producer cuts soundbites and VOs, produces in-house packages, orders and creates graphics and cuts down pre-taped interviews. They are responsible for organizing and calling elements in the control room during GPS live broadcasts. The AP is also responsible for pitching ideas for the program and helping producers with research for guest segments. This person must work closely with rights and clearances, affiliate desk and assignment desks to ensure best video is used and sourced properly. The Associate Producer must code video and create banners, and work under extremely tight deadlines.
Must be able to regularly work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require.
• A bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience.
• Must have a deep interest in global affairs, politics, and economics.
• Minimum of three years of experience in network television or major-market news production.
• Non-linear video editing experience also important.
• Must demonstrate strong research skills.
• Must be team-oriented, able to take direction from producers and control room personnel, capable of meeting deadlines and functioning calmly in high-pressure situations including breaking news.
• Must be computer literate, have strong internet research skills, and the ability to learn internal digital video archives.
The Nice to Haves
• Experience in control room is a plus.
• Graphics production experience including experience with the "Viz Pilot" graphics device helpful.
• Familiarity with CNN video databases such as Mediasource is very helpful.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.